• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My White Mountain Quest

570 posts in this topic

guess the seller is hoping for a NEW record sale (to the underbidder?)

Seems like an awfully quick turn-around -- hard to expect a profit unless there's another bidder in the wings besides the underbidder.

I don't get it. Why would someone collect only one pedigree and try to regroup all the books.

That's insane. :screwy:

Ya, you'd have to be a complete mentalist to do that! :baiting:

Though it's a little crazy it's a catchy one, only this form of OCD will burn a much bigger whole in your pocket than the 'I've got 800 copies of the same issue

Yes, this is indeed going to be a very challenging and yet virtually impossible quest to achieve. hm

It's one thing to collect books from one pedigree, but something else completely different when you try to regroup a sizeable portion of the original collection. The closest I've seen so far is John Verzly who has almost the complete Church run for almost all of the Timely books. Of course, he got them way back when.

If I remember correctly, I do have one WM Marvel book. Can't remember which one it is since I was trying to pick up a sample copy from each of the major peidgrees at the time. This actually seems to be a much more commom quest when it comes to pedigrees.

Strongly doubt if I'll ever be able to achieve my quest since I don't have a SF pedigree and at this point in time, they are all too expensive for me. Missed my opportunity when I passed on two unidentified SF Marvel Mysterys in the issue 20's range back at my first SD Con back in the very early 90's. Ended up picking up a non-pedigree Cap 29 or Cap 31 since it was in better condtion than the two SF books. doh!

Jim,

Just got an email from Comiclink stating the the AF 15 9.4 White Mountain will be offered as well. So good luck on getting both the AF 15 9.4 and the ASM 1 9.6 :o

So CGCguy, it's off to the bank manager with cap in hand... or will a baleclava and sawn off shotgun be more like it considering what the 2 of those will go for?

The WM TTA 87 was a slabbed 9.0 until I cracked it out. It's in my boxes somewhere. Of all places I found it on SuperWorld's site.

Don't think I have any others though, and if I do they aren't 12 centers.

Edit... O yeah, Doctor Strange 169 was also a slabbed 9.0 until I cracked it out. For some reason I think there may be a few copies of it. Maybe I think that because I've seen so many other pedigreed copies of the book floating around lately.

yes exc AAF #12

Missed one. JIM 82 is not a WM copy -- I decided I liked my copy a bit better.

Where did you find all of these? Piece by Piece, or all in one lot?

Multiple deals involving luck, sweat, favors, trades and friends.

I take it that all of the WM have the paperwork? (shrug)

There is no "WM" paperwork but I think that all of them have one or more of the typical markings and the chain of ownership is quite short, not that this is something that I lose much sleep over. The books are quite striking but I have, on occasion, chosen a non-WM copy over the WM copy. It just depends on which copy I like more.

Most WM's don't need paperwork as they are very identifiable from the cover markings. As for how I got the number 666

AF#15

ASM#1-74

Avengers#1-65

Cap#100-115

Daredevil#1-53

FF#1-88

Iron Man #1-15

Hulk #1-6 and #102-117

JIM#83-125

ST#101-148

Subby#1-15

TOS#39-99