• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,506 posts in this topic

Im always drawn to that cover, one of my favorite early covers along with #8... GL was not blessed with great covers during the first few years, but #4 is one of the few sharp ones!

Bought this a while back but only just got round to taking a snap....

tumblr_n7vhuoyHBM1rjed0zo1_500.jpg

Yeah, I like 8, too. Picked this one up a few months ago:

GreenLantern008_zps6b9eb17b.jpg

GL 4 is definitely a great book with a great cover and issue #8 is one of the best superhero grey-tone covers. Nice books, guys!

Hi guys! I am new to the comic collecting thing, but Green Lantern is what got me into it. I want to eventually get around to having the entire Silver Age GL. I just started collecting December 15th (when I made the leap from reading GN's to actually wanting to collect the comics) and I have 23, 27, 35,36, 39, 44. None of them are slabbed and most of them aren't in great condition, ranging from 3.o to 7.0. Just wanted to chime in about loving Hal Jordan!

No other posters helping you out.i'm surprised at that.Just keep doing what your doing,those look like great copies.The first ones are tough in the run i know i read mine to death but i love them all the same. The others will pop up when you least expect them so just carry on with the search. (thumbs u

Boy, Green Lantern sure had some nice covers !

:applause:

I have a feeling that Gil Kane fella might've had something to do with that. ;)

:whee:

For whatever reason, I've always liked his DC silver age covers more than his later Marvel cover stuff.

It just had more panache.

What do you guys think is the best way online for me to expand my green lantern collection at a decent price. I was an ebay buyer, but now I have been looking at comiclink. Do you have a preference?

In addition to online, try to find out if there's a monthly comic show in your area.

It can be a great source to meet dealers and like minded collectors...