• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
5 5

1,506 posts in this topic

time to break out some of my Green Lantern scans.

I stopped buying old comics about 5 years ago after being burned on more than a few purchaes, but prior to that time I got most of the silverage DC collection completed.

SC22 was about the only major book i never ended up getting a copy of.

gl1.jpg

gl2.jpg

gl3.jpg

The Green Lantern 11 was a key influence on my impressionable young mind. More so than any other comic, it set me on a path of no return. And here I sit today, still in thrall to the newstand offerings from the late fifties and early sixties!

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

It's still a really gorgeous one despite the sideways cut.

(thumbs u

I didnt know what to make of the back cover, so we agreed its a 6.5 for purchase price, but the front looks 9.0.. its really bright... maybe 8.0-8.5 at cgc on a good day, or any idea if I was right cgc would hammer this 6.5?

With those missing chips the book will not get a 8.0 from CGC.

It's still a really gorgeous one despite the sideways cut.

(thumbs u

I didnt know what to make of the back cover, so we agreed its a 6.5 for purchase price, but the front looks 9.0.. its really bright... maybe 8.0-8.5 at cgc on a good day, or any idea if I was right cgc would hammer this 6.5?

With those missing chips the book will not get a 8.0 from CGC.

yeah, max 7.0 - 7.5? I guess if the front cover looks 9.0 with blazing colors its good people buy the book not the label!

First time I found this thread. Green Lantern doesn't get nearly as much love on these boards as it/they/he should.

Recently decided to pick the first 100 Green Lantern V2, got one step closer today and picked up a FN copy of #18. I think I'm going to go back tomorrow and get something else. Oh boy.

I have a question for everyone in the thread. I'm visiting my girlfriend's family for the weekend and went to the local shop, they had a Showcase 22 there for sale. They had it graded at a 1.8 and sticker for $1000 but he said he would sell it for $600....but that's not really the point. I'm more curious about the grade. Someone had drawn in the Green Lantern letters, as well as the missile with blue ballpoint pen, and there was a spot missing right below Hal's face. Would this still qualify as a 1.8? I was pretty sidetracked with those problems to look past them, so I don't recall what quality it was in outside of that. Seemed pretty decent, but I don't know grading very well at all. Especially for lower grade stuff. Is this appropriate?