• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Addict's Confessional Room

361 posts in this topic

I hope things get better for you Thomas. I've always enjoyed your excitement for the hobby especially FF's I think there is a lot of us that can relate on some level to what you are currently going through. Its tough sometimes and what seemed like fun and had "high" priorities you look at and wonder why. Especially when the rest of your life is a whirlwind of non stop stresses and new challenges and worries keep popping up.

Sorry to hear this Thomas. Especially the part about your soul dead to everything. Sounds like you need some space and time to find your happy place (yes, I know that's from Happy Gilmore but it seems to apply). I agree with Brian, I really have enjoyed your love of FFs and loved it when you were looking for a copy of FF1 and asked on every single thread for weeks.

You mention critics and people who may not like you but I've never heard or seen any negative comments towards you and my dealing with you have been wonderful.

Perhaps you need to work a bit less and find a new focus but I hope to see you back soon.

In honour of Tom's poem I've decided to take a crack at it.

You're feeling burnt out

FFs aren't making you hot

Tom shared his moving poem

Ta hell with it, go to the bar for a shot

:cry:

Sorry to hear this Thomas. Especially the part about your soul dead to everything. Sounds like you need some space and time to find your happy place (yes, I know that's from Happy Gilmore but it seems to apply). I agree with Brian, I really have enjoyed your love of FFs and loved it when you were looking for a copy of FF1 and asked on every single thread for weeks.

You mention critics and people who may not like you but I've never heard or seen any negative comments towards you and my dealing with you have been wonderful.

Perhaps you need to work a bit less and find a new focus but I hope to see you back soon.

In honour of Tom's poem I've decided to take a crack at it.

You're feeling burnt out

FFs aren't making you hot

Tom shared his moving poem

Ta hell with it, go to the bar for a shot

:cry:

Thanks man. All will be well. Perhaps what I posted was incoherent babbling, but I was just trying to express that basically the thrill just isn't there anymore. Just chalk it up to melodramatic musings :frown: I will still hang around and chit chat just not going to get into buying books. Now once I hold that FF #1 in my hand my feelings may change, but for right now, I will have other priorities to attend.

And no I'm not broke nor in financial trouble. Just stepping back and letting go something not needed. Maybe I will buy stuff again, maybe not. Time will tell. I'm still young lol

Are you still going to SDCC? I would like a chance to buy you a beer and read you some more ....ah.... poetry.

That sounded soooooooo gay :eek::baiting: Probably wont make the CON but plan on attending the Forum dinner

Are you still going to SDCC? I would like a chance to buy you a beer and read you some more ....ah.... poetry.

That sounded soooooooo gay :eek::baiting: Probably wont make the CON but plan on attending the Forum dinner

Heh, it was supposed to. No worries, it's strictly ladies for me. I look forward to meeting you at the dinner.

Heh, it was supposed to. No worries, it's strictly ladies for me. I look forward to meeting you at the dinner.

(thumbs u

I think it constitutes being an addict when you leave your account with 20 dollars because you 'HAD' to have that minty minty fresh chrome Spiderman book..payday again in a couple....good thing my wife works..

or is it?

Dear DjPink,

You must understand that your comic collection is more important then your wife.

:gossip: You're not alone

It's not meant to harm her and is by no means a direct statement that you care any less for her. It's root cause is just a character trait linked to addictive personalities. Your comic book collection is the addiction and the charge from youth.

That is fine as long as the other party understands and agrees to that deal.

:baiting:

I just saved you 5 counseling sessions. You can make payment via paypal whohurtyoulionel@aol.com

Sincerely,

Blink

Dear DjPink,

You must understand that your comic collection is more important then your wife.

:gossip: You're not alone

It's not meant to harm her and is by no means a direct statement that you care any less for her. It's root cause is just a character trait linked to addictive personalities. Your comic book collection is the addiction and the charge from youth.

That is fine as long as the other party understands and agrees to that deal.

:baiting:

I just saved you 5 counseling sessions. You can make payment via paypal whohurtyoulionel@aol.com

Sincerely,

Blink

:roflmao:

I, too, am a CGC comic book addict. Yesterday I bought my 18th copy of Conan #1 in CGC 9.4 or higher. Do I feel better now that I have 18 copies instead of 17?...Nope. Am I now $560.00 more in the hole than I was before?...Yep. Even so, I will be bidding on the next copy I see. Why?....I am addicted.

I dont believe you to be as much as addict, more like a hoarder! lol

Davidking623

He said he was falling off the map...that collecting etc had lost its buzz...I called him a couple of times after that post with no reply...that was some time ago, I'd have to look it up but it would coincide with those post dates... (shrug)

(He sounded pretty down...)

Hello All,

Well, its been over a year, but I have made my way back. I figured I would post here as I didnt want to do a generic "I'm Back" thread.

I DO want to apologize for leaving a lot of folks hanging. Believe me it wasn't intentional. I had to RUN, not walk away from the hobby and the friends I had made on the Boards, and for the way I just up and disappeared I truly apologize.

I have endured much during the past year...losing my job which has resulted in me being poor lol , losing my house in Texas, filing for divorce, almost being homeless (I was literally days from being evicted), losing my custody battle which has led to an eroding relationship with my kids, and also dealing with my declining health. At one point I was seriously contemplating suicide. Obviously I haven't yet and am still here. I would like to add that poverty is overrated and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I thought I had struggles in the past when I was was younger but my years as a young adult were nothing compared to the Murphy's Law I experienced the past 13 months.

I haven't been keeping up with the hobby or the Boards in the past year, and really haven't been around a computer much except to job search and finding lawyers lol.

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. :hi: