• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Addict's Confessional Room

361 posts in this topic

Dear CAA,

I am actually doing pretty good. No :takeit: for over a week (although I DID send a couple of PMs) bolt.gif

I will be getting some raw Rosa copies of FF's within the next week or two and some other goodiesconfetti.gif

I also know my Secret Santa gift has arrived safely to it's destination. Big thanks to the person who helped make this possible. highfive.gifnotworthy.gif

Not too sure about what I want to collect additionally next year but I have a few ideas: EC Horror or some BA DC Horror sound promising. Not sure yet, as I intend to finish my Cap Marvels and get a better handle on my FF collection (complete the run from 150 to present - I'm missing a whole slew of moderns :doh:. In addition, I'm also thinking about getting most of my FF collection slabbedbeerbang.gif

As I said, not too sure, but I have awhile before I worry about thatcool_shades.gif

Well that's about it this time - nothing really major to confess.

goodnight.gif

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comics

Are we all supposed to say "Hi Thomas :hi:" or something like that?

(shrug)

And even though I read comics several times a day,sometimes alone,buy them from several dealers so I do not look like I am buying too many,. and hide them from my wife I am not an addict. I can control it. :sumo:

Ze-

Are we all supposed to say "Hi Thomas :hi:" or something like that?

(shrug)

And even though I read comics several times a day,sometimes alone,buy them from several dealers so I do not look like I am buying too many,. and hide them from my wife I am not an addict. I can control it. :sumo:

Ze-

You can say :hi: if you want...I'm not Catholic but this is a confessional thread for anyone else who feels like posting...Not to me, though...I'm a bad influence :insane::sick:

Dear CAA,

It's been a week since I posted :takeit: on a comic

Well my wife snuck and found her present! She then happily gave me money for funny books :whatthe: I paid off all but one of my Board obligations :banana:, so I can concentrate on the last one fully now :grin:

So at least for the next couple of weeks I won't have to hide the books when they come in :acclaim: Yay for Santa Season! :thumbsup:

That must have been some gift. What was it? :popcorn:

TWO actually :grin: I bought her a diamond tennis bracelet...

101_0040.jpg

...and a wedding ring set (we didn't buy one when we first got married, as we were focusing on buying a house)

101_0039.jpg

That must have been some gift. What was it? :popcorn:

TWO actually :grin: I bought her a diamond tennis bracelet...

101_0040.jpg

...and a wedding ring set (we didn't buy one when we first got married, as we were focusing on buying a house)

101_0039.jpg

She was SOOOOOO happy! That was the most important thing :banana:

And the fact that I got (guilt free) comic book money didn't hurt either!

You better keep her happy. A ring that huge will leave a mark. :eek:

When we see each other again, if you see a huge square shaped dent on my cheek, you'll know why! slap.gif

Dear CAA,

It's been awhile since I posted a :takeit: on a book. (PM's DON'T COUNT :makepoint:)'

Whew! It's been a great Holiday Season so far. My wife is happy (see previous posts on this thread). And I'm happy with my comic impulse buys :insane:

For the second year in a row I bidded on Arex's charity auction for a CS Membership. I couldn't give as much as I did last year but I did the best I could. It's all for a good cause. I'm getting impatient about my submissions. Just want to know what the grades are so I can either be happy or ticked off. Won my first ever CL auction. Almost paid more for shipping than the actual books :grin:

I can't wait to make my New Year's resolution to buy less and sub more this year (yeah...RIGHT lol ) sigh... too many comics, too little time & not deep enough pockets :shrug:

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comics.

Dear CAA (Comic Addicts' Anonymous),

It's been less than a week since I posted :takeit: on a book.

Well, STILL no word from CGC as to what my three books that were subbed are gonna get. They are showing as universal on the site so at least they passed the resto check :shrug: I am getting more nervous as to what the grades will be. Hopefully the #48 will be the ONE book they advertised correctly. I would HATE to have to start a Metro complaint thread :devil:

Anyways, still haven't received my SS gift yet but I'm sure it is on the way :wishluck:

My Registry sets will be getting some more additions in the next few weeks so maybe I will break the top 400 overall and the top 20 on both FF sets :insane:

Oh I hit 3000 posts the other day...No hoopla....just a number. At least 2900 of them aren't graemlins lol

Dear CAA,

It's been over 10 days since I posted an :takeit: on any books

Well, it's been an eventful coup[le of days to say the least! Yesterday some of the books I am getting from Nik arrived. I was thrilled with them!confetti.gif

Today I received my Secret Santa present through the mail! wee.gif

I also found out the grades for my CGC submissions. I was dead on with two of them but missed one by a full grade and a half banghead.gif

Fantastic Four 48 My guess VF/NM CGC Universal 9.0 OW/Wbananadance.gif

Fantastic Four 73 My guess NM CGC Universal 9.4 WHITE bunnydance.gif

Fantastic Four 33 My guess VF to VF+ CGC Universal 7.0 WHITE nutkick.gif

Oh well, at least the #33 has WP meh

Anyways, the FF #48 was the main one I was worried about, as I bought it from Metro and they SEVERELY overgraded the other books in the same purchase by at least a full grade. At least they got THIS ONE right

I knew the #73 was a NM at least so I was VERY happy with that one :grin:

Now comes the wait for them to arrive toetap.gif

Happy Holidays Everyone! santa.gif

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comics :shrug: