• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Addict's Confessional Room

361 posts in this topic

they SEVERELY undergraded the other books in the same purchase by at least a full grade.

Undergraded (as in graded it VF but it actually was NM) or overgraded (as in graded NM when it actually was a VF).

Thanks Pov :thumbsup: , I fixed it...it's "overgraded" :doh:

Dear CAA,

It's been 24 hours since I placed a :takeit: on the Boards (Darn Joeypost & his "Mystery Books" package lol )

Well the Holidays are almost over! (whew)...I am getting surgery done tomorrow and my birthday is Friday (woo hoo! meh - just getting older :sick: )

Posting on this Forum is almost as addictive as the hobby itself.

Big thanks goes out to Arex, Arch, Nik, Mutant Keys, Redhook, Awe4One, Doctor Watson, comicdey, cd4ever, r1970d, Flaming Telepath, Nik, Kramerisa, Comcasthawk, moonlite, CAL, Mr Bedrock, krazy Kenny, john1972tex, stronguy, buffyfan, Flyimg Donut, sckao, Master Chief, topofthetotem, pkw, blue, fastballspecial, Fazybones, DARTHDIESEL, GA Collectibles, nochips, namisgr, october, pirate, drbanner, skypinkblue, Ze-Man, Joeypost, divad, and even greggy and JC! Everyone esle who I failed to mention, my sincerest apologies :sorry:

Thanks guys for making my first year a great one! confetti.gif (I was even the unofficial NOOB of the month when I first started posting)

Big thanks to CGC for putting up with us comic nerds and being the gracious host they are. This is by far the BEST comic forum there is, bar none! :sumo:

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comics...

Dear CAA,

It's been 6 days since I posted :takeit: on a book!

Well, it's 1 Jan 2008! bananaheadbanger.gif Happy New Year everyone! As always, I have hopes and ambitions as much as the next man. I have some resolutions but I will address those in a bit. My wife is in Las Vegas for New Years and her Birthday (the same day). She's having a great time. I'm glad she took the time to get away and catch a break. She will be back Thursday, and life will return to normal again :wishluck:

My birthday was Friday the 28th. I received a very nice phone call from Ze-Man. We discussed all sorts of nerdy things. He was kinda drunk. I could tell. Anyways it was a nice gesture on his part. I feel more accepted on the Boards nowadays, like I'm actually a LIKED forumite!

I mean, greggy even sends me PMs about how he thinks I will fail as a civilian and how big of a dork I am. IMO I think he actually respects me to actually type something out besides a graemlin. Full sentences no less!2thumbs.gif

Well my resolutions for this year that are comic related are as follows:

1) Stop impulse buying books I don't even collect. Keep to my collecting focus!

2) Quality not quantity

3) Start subbing my books

Anyways, that's pretty much my resolutions related to the hobby. The third one is the most important to me. I realize it is an expensive undertaking, so I plan to try to choose my books wisely. :wishluck:

Accept my Toast for a safe, blessed and prosperous year for everyone we know and love, and to try to share with those less fortunate than ourselves.

Again.... Happy New Year

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comic books!

Dear CAA,

It's been 3 days since I posted :takeit: on a book

Well I will be moving to San Diego here in the next 3 months. It's a life changing venture to be sure, but one I'm looking forward to. I'm transitioning out of the Army now. It feels weird to not have to get up at o-dark-thirty in the morning, anymore. I can't say I won't miss parts of it, but it's a chapter of my life I'm more than ready to finish and move on from.

Well I had gotten my first submissions back. The two I had graded correctly were the FF #48 (9.0) and the FF #73 (9.4). I was spot on with those. The one I flubbed up on was FF #33 (7.0).That was my fault because I never took it out of the bag when I hurriedly bought it at the WW Texas Con. I had 5-10 minutes toget my three free subs in so I quickly purchased a book without actually checking it out first. Luckily the seller (Mr Bedrock) was cool enough to give me a full refund AND an additional refund for grading fees! (worship)...He has great customer service and has earned a lifelong customer.

I edited my Registry Sets. I have decided to pursue the elusive "Attic Pedigree". Every book I have comes from someone's (or their Grandmother's) attic. Usually the best place tofind Attic Peds is eBay. Sometimes the sellers even go in depth on how 'ol Granpop was best buddies with Stan Lee :insane:

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comics...

Dear CAA,

I know I already posted an entry today but I had to share this. My wife's acceptance of the hobby and my subsequent involvement suffered a mild setback today when she went to the local Dollar General.

She happened to be wearing the Wizard World T-Shirt I gave her from the WW Texas show. As she was going through and shopping, a guy started following her around asking her about comics, what she collected, telling her what he collected, asking her how was Wizard World and the like. When she politely told him that she didn't collect comics, that she didn't know anthing about them and didn't really want to. He still wouldn't relent. He kept bothering her asking comic questions. The guy really creeped her out...

When my wife got home she burned the T-Shirt and told me never to ask her to go to a Forum Dinner (Just kidding but she was pretty upset about it)

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comics

Dear CAA,

It's been almost a week since I posted a :takeit: on a comic...

Well, got some sweet FF slabs from Nik today (worship)...added to my registry...I have a LOT more to get before I can get close to the top 10 in FF registry sets...It's okay. I'll be patient.... at least I will TRY :grin:

I know what I will be doing once I get settled in SD....going through all my books and then SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB SLAB....

Then maybe I will get some more books, rinse and repeat :insane:

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comics....

Dear CAA,

It's been 45 days since I posted a :takeit: on some comics!

Well, now begins a new chapter in my life. I have officially retired from the Army! winner.gif

I don't know how my future will play out, but I plan on enjoying myself as I move into a second career. The move to San Diego thrills and excites me, but at the same time I feel a little nervous. Normal, I suppose.

Well as I prepare to leave the area here in Texas, I am finishing up all of my Board obligations over the next few weeks. Thanks to all for their patience (you know who you are :hi: ) and for working with me to be able to get some books I otherwise couldn't afford. Thanks again to all! (worship)

Once I move to California, I will be focusing on getting a job, if I don't have one already lined by the time I leave.

As far as the hobby goes, I will be submitting more than buying (with the exception of two books if they are still available to me). I have approxiamately 70+ HG SA/BA FF's I need to start subbing. I am sure when I see a HG FF I don't have, the endorphin rush will take over and the inevitable :takeit: will ensue.

I plan on going to SDCC this year, and quite possibly WW Texas again if I have the $$ available.

BTW the CAA thread is an open comics confessional blog to anyone who wants to post. If you have something comic related or have a story to share, feel free to post anytime :grin: I know I'm not alone in my addiction not only to the hobby, but to the Boards as well! Misery loves company, as they say. All my fellow addicts feel free to pop in once in a while and say hi, share a story or confess your "bound, printed material" habit.

My name is Thomas and I'm addicted to comics!

Dear CAA

I have been very good and have not spent a significant $$ amount on comics in the last few months. I now find myself posting WTB threads and then sitting waiting for responses and my next GGA and esoteric GA fix.

I keep telling myself not to stray from the path of GGA, and yet opportunities arise to pick up interesting books outside my true collecting passion.

What should I do............and how low should I go...........down the path of wanting GGA Fox, Avon and Fiction House? Should I accept mid grade or strive for the high roller copies.

Dear CAA

I have been very good and have not spent a significant $$ amount on comics in the last few months. I now find myself posting WTB threads and then sitting waiting for responses and my next GGA and esoteric GA fix.

I keep telling myself not to stray from the path of GGA, and yet opportunities arise to pick up interesting books outside my true collecting passion.

What should I do............and how low should I go...........down the path of wanting GGA Fox, Avon and Fiction House? Should I accept mid grade or strive for the high roller copies.

Hey Collin,

I have similar problems. I thought by setting realistic collecting goals I would be happy with the HG books I have been getting. Now I always find myself upgrading already pretty nice copies with even prettier ones. A book I THOUGHT I was happy with gets pushed to the wayside by a better looking copy... I even raised my collecting standards on a lot of them to match, so I won't keep doing it. It may take longer, but I think I will be happier with the books I get in the long run that I won't have to buy upgrades of :shrug:

Absolutely not. 45 minutes at the Spearmint Rhino in Vegas on Superbowl Saturday Night is about the same, and you don't get to anything to remember that $1200 by except glitter in some strange places . . .

Dear CCA,

First off Mike, money well spent and I've seen the scans. :cloud9:

I've bought a few books lately and of course I've already blown my

upcoming payday's comic budget. Some books are just too hard

to pass up. Reading Cap Freak's recent post made me think that I

might have made myself only an observer for the upcoming VCC. :frustrated:

I just realized I've been here a year and survived a flame war due

to my own stoooopidity :flamed: and worse than that was an

unfortunate embarrassing FDQ exit. :sorry: How I ever

thought my own troubles would get better by quiting something

I've grown so fond of. I tried to stay away and have been on

Vacation for over three weeks and missed all you guys way

too much. :luhv:

My name is Fay and I'm a comic book addict. :takeit:

My name is Fay and I'm a recovering addict of something a lot

less enjoyable. I guess it's one day at a time and one funny

book at a time and I fully intend to keep it that way. :juggle:

PS: I owe Greggy an apology for including his name in my

ridiculous FDQ exit post and I hope one day he forgives me.

The same goes for my dear friend from the UK. :wishluck:

Thanks for a great year everyone. (worship)

fay :foryou: