• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Always like to hunt at conventions for modestly-priced (i.e. cheap) Archies and Peps from the 40's and 50's with neat covers. Last week in Chicago I thought this book fit the bill. Had to chuckle at the first story. This issue is from early 1955, so it was probably put together right after Seduction of the Innocent and the 1954 Senate Committee on Juvenile Delinquency hearings. Fun read from a different era.

CriminalHistoryForm.jpg

archie17page1.jpg

archie17page2.jpg

archie17page32.jpg

Been going thru this thread , great stuff. I think it was Michelle Nolan that said , MLJ was the Rodney Dangerfield of comics . I've been getting into this comics group , picked up awhile back Zip # 9 what a :classic cover. Underated IMO , Charlie Biro at his best. :applause: Hangman # 3 , another great comic , story is pretty wild . Beheading splash page!!! :o This comic company has alot going for it .. Irv Novick , Biro etc...Just great stuff!!! :applause:

Here's an oddball Archie from 1950. Contents are Archie #47 but the cover is unique for this book.

Inside back cover has original art as well but I don't have the scan.

ZetaBeta-a-012.jpg

ZetaBeta-b-013.jpg

I live blocks away from the Chase Park Plaza as it's known today.

Very nice books! Love the Pep 41 and Archie #17 is one of my favorites. I just don't understand how these books sold by the truckload and you can't locate them to save your life nowadays.

Cool books, BL! There's a lot of good stuff that was put out by MLJ.

Always like to hunt at conventions for modestly-priced (i.e. cheap) Archies and Peps from the 40's and 50's with neat covers. Last week in Chicago I thought this book fit the bill. Had to chuckle at the first story. This issue is from early 1955, so it was probably put together right after Seduction of the Innocent and the 1954 Senate Committee on Juvenile Delinquency hearings. Fun read from a different era.

archie17page2.jpg

Great story lol

:applause: