• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Anyone here win this beauty last night? 

Archie 50 in eBay

nearly $800 for it, but it looks pretty sweet... thinking VG/FN range, though seller doesnt give many details on the condition so I had to pass... 

If it's more VG+ then that's a very strong price, but if it's FN thats a decent deal on a book that's hard to find in nice shape, and this one presents really well since all the condition problems are around the edges and nothing bothers that lovely image...

Archie50 Fn.jpg

Given what that book has been going for, I think someone got a pretty good deal. 

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Given what that book has been going for, I think someone got a pretty good deal. 

Agreed, I've seen far worse copies fetching nearly $500 so $800 for this nice presenter (assuming it's all complete) is a nice price. 

3 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Agreed, I've seen far worse copies fetching nearly $500 so $800 for this nice presenter (assuming it's all complete) is a nice price. 

I certainly considered going for it last night, but tax time vs a third copy won out. Very nice looking issue.

On 3/7/2017 at 0:36 PM, GoldenPRGuy said:

Well, it only took me a 30 years to find a copy, but I have finally completed my Jackpot/Jolly Jingles run. Back cover is a little rough, but the cover presents nicely, the interior looked great in the pictures on eBay, and the price was reasonable enough at $150.

Wow, you really hit the.... I can't think of the expression right now, but you did very well!

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Picked this up for a song from a local guy last night. It's thrashed but I've never seen this last issue.

comzip47_zpsgbdqbgbt.jpg

I can't recall having seen one either ... and what song did you have to sing to get it? hm

Happy to share this week's little score.

After attempting to negotiate even the slightest decrease for a slabbed 5.0 copy, and being told how rare the book is, I decided it'd be best if I stopped the email thread before "thanking" him for educating me on the mysterious world of MLJ comics.

A quick eBay search reveled another copy for sale, poorly categorized, awful images, etc. Seller had some other books and knew enough that they were complete and unrestored.

This baby arrived today and to my delight is a really lovely copy. Other than the visible upper right and lower left corners, this is a tight, flat, attached, complete, unrestored, C to OW, VG (maybe better) copy of a book my collection was missing, and a cover I really like. $249

IMG_6805.JPG

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

2 hours ago, GoldenPRGuy said:

After attempting to negotiate even the slightest decrease for a slabbed 5.0 copy, and being told how rare the book is, I decided it'd be best if I stopped the email thread before "thanking" him for educating me on the mysterious world of MLJ comics.

A quick eBay search reveled another copy for sale, poorly categorized, awful images, etc. Seller had some other books and knew enough that they were complete and unrestored.

This baby arrived today and to my delight is a really lovely copy. Other than the visible upper right and lower left corners, this is a tight, flat, attached, complete, unrestored, C to OW, VG (maybe better) copy of a book y collection was missing, and a cover I really like. $249

IMG_6805.JPG

Nice score!  

On 4/1/2017 at 1:12 PM, GoldenPRGuy said:

This baby arrived today and to my delight is a really lovely copy. Other than the visible upper right and lower left corners, this is a tight, flat, attached, complete, unrestored, C to OW, VG (maybe better) copy of a book my collection was missing, and a cover I really like. $249

IMG_6805.JPG

VERY COOL!!

2 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I got most of the ones I wanted on eBay tonight (5 out of 6 Archie's I went for) but no matter what insanely high bid I put on one of them I can never win it.  I have always known it was a monster in the making and it just keeps getting higher and higher. B & V 40- 6.0  runner-up at $768  :|

AAUGH!! 

I was watching all those too.  Advantage buyer on the B & V 10 for sure and that 40 is getting out of sight. The Archie 53 went for 4x gpa.