• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, GoldenPRGuy said:

Since he's two towns away, I drove up to Sean's office today to pick up my books. While I was there I asked which Archie's he kept. He pulled the box and I must admit I was drooling (not really, but in my mind). Insane 7.5, 8.0 and 8.5 set of early Archie, Laugh and B&V, and like most of what we bought, all WHITE pages! It's nice to know that collections like that are still out there hidden in attics in and basements. :cloud9:

22A1CEFB-345B-4B66-A8BE-DA6D8493C5BE_zps

Wow!!! I would love to run across a collection in the wild like this. 

On 4/19/2017 at 4:50 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Here are the other Archie titles I got in the auction. Highest graded.

fc.jpg

fc.jpg

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

All you have to do is the @ symbol and start typing the name. It will notify the person.

I am only collecting my favorites. Archie 46 is definitely one of them.

Here is a nice raw copy of one of my favorites too. :x

IMG_3110.jpg

Oh boy... I do love me some high grade Juggies!

325aa6ee-ba75-42be-8899-ac6c7828ca5c_zps

Jug5_zps20e0b82b.jpg

17 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I like the tangible feel of the book. I like taking it out. I like thumbing through it and seeing the interior art. I only read most books one time and that is all. It just feels more like a comic book to me when I can take it out. 

I have 50-60 slabbed books and I don't like it as much for some reason. Now, that being said, there are some books I have spent so much on that I feel compelled to get them slabbed, I guess to protect my investment in some way. 

I'm with you there.  I have some slabbed books but for the most part, I crack them open.  I'm careful when I handle any of them but I like being able to read them.

Just now, Ricksneatstuff said:

I don't know if I can let go of it yet. Keep your eyes open for a possible thread in the near future. But, even the undercopy is 5.0 I think. I might send it down to Sarasota. 

Wise. Is that new 5.5 going to sleep beside you tonight haha?