• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 25/4/2017 at 2:58 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

HUGE CONGRATS J!!!! When i went through the Gerbers and was looking for a Pep to hunt down this issue was actually the one that grabbed my attention first!! I remember fondly because it was Christmas season and we were back at my folks i had brought the guides home to look and remember pointing it out to several family members who all thought it was cool as well. So 28 was the first of many wartime Peps that entered onto my want list that day and I've only been able to nab the 28 and the 34 since. They are AWESOME, scarce, well respected, Fun from cover to cover, and not cheap!! Great snag bro!! 

Pep #28… :cloud9:

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This will be cross posted in the crime thread. This has been a bear of a book to wrestle down but finally got a copy recently because of a kind boardie who will breathe more comic buying back into the community.

Definitely one of the more ominous covers in comicdom IMO 

fc.jpg

Great book ... but not MLJ. :baiting:

Just now, Patriot6 said:

Heartbreaker! Would have been amazing to own that beaut.

The one thing that scared me a little bit is that, according to gpa, the book has sold repeatedly over the last few years and always for less than it was purchased for.  Who knew such hard times for an Archie 2?

8 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

The one thing that scared me a little bit is that, according to gpa, the book has sold repeatedly over the last few years and always for less than it was purchased for.  Who knew such hard times for an Archie 2?

Hmmm, rather bizarre, tough book. I was saying earlier in this thread that I have really noticed a bump on Archie across the board. I was even in a LCS last week and they now have an 'Archie section' and everything is 3$-5$, whereas previously all Archie was in the dollar bin. Must be Riverdale. But I also think Archie comics did a good job of capitalising on the Marriage run. The Afterlife with Archie is pretty big. I just think they have picked up in general.  

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I recently bought a similar grade copy for just under double that price and thought it was a little steep but was happy to get it. I guess even Ginger is starting to hit her stride now...

There was a recent eBay complete run of Ginger auction where even 3.0 copies of average issues (not 1,2,4) were going for $150 or so.  I love Ginger so I am glad to see her getting some attention.  I still need one of those average issues to complete my run.