• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Thanks @Patriot6

Happy to have some decent copies of some of my favorite Archie covers.  :acclaim:

How did you do that @  thing?!

Are you after a full Archie run, or just after your favourite covers?

For a long time, I was pulling Archie of all eras out of the dollar bins at LCS, now other people all of a sudden collect Archie titles and the price is going through the roof!:pullhair:

13 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

:ohnoez: Wow, those are unreal. It is so tough to find those in that condition. Almost unicorns. Thought about slabbing them? A lot of my early Archies are missing the cover, and very few are that nice!

Thanks!! I really prefer my Archie raw. I would like to de-slab the ones I just got honestly, but I won't. 

Just now, Patriot6 said:

Is it just because you like to read them? 

I like the tangible feel of the book. I like taking it out. I like thumbing through it and seeing the interior art. I only read most books one time and that is all. It just feels more like a comic book to me when I can take it out. 

I have 50-60 slabbed books and I don't like it as much for some reason. Now, that being said, there are some books I have spent so much on that I feel compelled to get them slabbed, I guess to protect my investment in some way. 

1 minute ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I like the tangible feel of the book. I like taking it out. I like thumbing through it and seeing the interior art. I only read most books one time and that is all. It just feels more like a comic book to me when I can take it out. 

I have 50-60 slabbed books and I don't like it as much for some reason. Now, that being said, there are some books I have spent so much on that I feel compelled to get them slabbed, I guess to protect my investment in some way. 

I hear you. I like to hang them on the wall, which was why I ever even bought a slab in the first place. Then I buy a coverless to read, but this only applies to a few books since most are not in good enough shape to slab. 

Is Archie 11 your earliest?

10 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

I hear you. I like to hang them on the wall, which was why I ever even bought a slab in the first place. Then I buy a coverless to read, but this only applies to a few books since most are not in good enough shape to slab. 

Is Archie 11 your earliest?

Archie 13 is my earliest currently. I had some earlier Peps but I don't now. 

On 4/19/2017 at 4:47 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Here are the Archies I picked up.

fc.jpg

fc.jpg

fc.jpg

Since he's two towns away, I drove up to Sean's office today to pick up my books. While I was there I asked which Archie's he kept. He pulled the box and I must admit I was drooling (not really, but in my mind). Insane 7.5, 8.0 and 8.5 set of early Archie, Laugh and B&V, and like most of what we bought, all WHITE pages! It's nice to know that collections like that are still out there hidden in attics in and basements. :cloud9:

22A1CEFB-345B-4B66-A8BE-DA6D8493C5BE_zps

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

Archie comics:  doing their part to help the American justice system

http://suechef1.blogspot.com/2017/04/mischief-is-superpower.html

(referenced in the Sixth Step)