• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I got most of the ones I wanted on eBay tonight (5 out of 6 Archie's I went for) but no matter what insanely high bid I put on one of them I can never win it.  I have always known it was a monster in the making and it just keeps getting higher and higher. B & V 40- 6.0  runner-up at $768  :|

AAUGH!! 

I forgot to watch that one at the end.  Just as well since I wasn't going that high ... although maybe I should have since my copy came back recently with LT pages. :cry:

7 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
32 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I forgot to watch that one at the end.  Just as well since I wasn't going that high ... although maybe I should have since my copy came back recently with LT pages. :cry:

What grade did you get?

Good question.  I was disheartened by the pq and stuck it in a box so I didn't have to look at the darn thing.  I think the grade was decent -- 5.0 or 6.0 maybe? hm  I'll have to dig it out and check.

Edited by Sqeggs

15 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

I was watching all those too.  Advantage buyer on the B & V 10 for sure and that 40 is getting out of sight. The Archie 53 went for 4x gpa.  

When I saw the unboxing video I knew it was going to explode. Was thinking a boardie would get it

On 4/15/2017 at 8:35 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I got most of the ones I wanted on eBay tonight (5 out of 6 Archie's I went for) but no matter what insanely high bid I put on one of them I can never win it.  I have always known it was a monster in the making and it just keeps getting higher and higher. B & V 40- 6.0  runner-up at $768  :|

AAUGH!! 

When I saw how high that BV40 went for I immediately did a search and 10 minutes later picked up this beater thru a buyitnow for $74.  It's got problems but I had to have one before they're impossible to get.

s-l1600-52.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

53 minutes ago, GoldenPRGuy said:

My OW copy. I have an unslabbed one as well.

38 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

When I saw how high that BV40 went for I immediately did a search and 10 minutes later picked up this beater thru a buyitnow for $74.  It's got problems but I had to have one before they're impossible to get.

Way to kick a guy when he's down fellas! I've been focusing on my Archie run and neglecting the other titles and now it seems that I am getting priced out of some issues:frown:. That never used to happen with Archie titles...no one used to want them! 

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

s-l1600-52.jpg

I think you did the right thing. Mine is probably 4.5. I have been going after a high or even mid grade copy for 2 years and made strong bids. Never enough.

19 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Nice. Let's post them here please?

Sorry, here you go. Would love to have these in higher grade, but all 4 of these were missing from my collection (and when you have as few holes as my collection does, it's rare to knock off four at once).

*pics are from eBay so best I have for now.

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

5 hours ago, GoldenPRGuy said:

Sorry, here you go. Would love to have these in higher grade, but all 4 of these were missing from my collection (and when you have as few holes as my collection does, it's rare to knock off four at once).

*pics are from eBay so best I have for now.

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

All WHITE pagers too!! Nice.

My copies should be in by the end of the week and I will scan and post too. (thumbsu