• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Very pleased to nab this one. It's taken a long time to get a Zip from the sweet spot of the run (war covers, some great interior art). Tough books these days!

zip29.jpg.34bb3b8b5a3bd8d6e0078a504172ae71.jpg

(thumbsu Nice pick up. Yeah, the Zips are catching up to their sister title 'Pep' in hot War cover front. I think the MLJ hierarchy right now is :1)Pep,  2)Archie 1-50,  3)Zip,  4)Hangman,  5)Top-Notch,  6)Shield-Wizard  7)Blue Ribbon (though i have a soft spot for Blue Ribbons :cloud9: ). Can't opine on what's the '#37' (uber demand cover) in the Zip run yet though. hm

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cool book and one you just don't see very often. Lots of great Zips in the run. Here is one of my favorites.

comzip33_zpskejwvhs2.jpg

Wasn't that considered the scarcest issue of the run at one time.

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cool book and one you just don't see very often. Lots of great Zips in the run. Here is one of my favorites.

Awesome!   :applause:

Off the MLJ hero line (and also technically outside of the GA), but I loved that Jughead's Fantasy 1 on CLink last night.  Thought I might win it, but a big snipe at the close beat me.

9 hours ago, Point Five said:

Very pleased to nab this one. It's taken a long time to get a Zip from the sweet spot of the run (war covers, some great interior art). Tough books these days!

zip29.jpg.34bb3b8b5a3bd8d6e0078a504172ae71.jpg

There's a tough one!! AWESOME PICKUP!!

On 6/1/2017 at 9:03 PM, gino2paulus2 said:
On 6/1/2017 at 1:22 PM, Robot Man said:

comzip33_zpskejwvhs2.jpg

Those poor nurses!!!! 

Nah.  They're fine.  They're about to be rescued by superheroes!  A week later they were back in the U.S. and on a nationwide tour selling war bonds -- special luxury train cars and suites at the best hotels. :)

On 6/1/2017 at 6:03 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

Those poor nurses!!!! 

Their nipples all went erect when they heard the heroes spring into action. At least that's what it says in the story text no one ever reads.