• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2021 at 4:23 PM, Mutie Fan said:

My first new Top-Notch in a long time. 

197890B5-60E9-4E64-993B-D3BF9DB31255.jpeg

Awesome! I just noticed that in ebay's completed auctions the other night. I'd'a hit that for sure.  

On 9/10/2021 at 7:47 PM, Robot Man said:

I love the dark "moody" covers on Top Notch. Only have a handful of mostly low graders but I do have one that some kid named "Riley" stamped his name on the back cover...:devil:

I fished it out of a box at WonderCon many years ago. There were still un-noted copies floating around the Bay Area at the time. 

comtopnotch10riley1.jpg

comtopnotch10riley2.jpg

So awesome to see a raw San Francisco copy! Thanks for sharing the book and the story!! Haven't been collecting as long as you RM, but I too remember the days when you could spot a raw pedigree copy in a box at a show...:preach: my how times have changed..

On 9/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, Point Five said:

Awesome! I just noticed that in ebay's completed auctions the other night. I'd'a hit that for sure.  

Thanks! I actually got it for the opening bid price the first time it was listed. The seller resisted it so I could snag it. I'm very happy, been a looong time since a new Top Notch made it my way.