• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Crippen copy :)

Scan-140205-0008_zps2c0bf043.jpg

Nice Super Duck :headbang:

I never got into humor much as i generally didnt even get the jokes in these older books such as Prehero DC or later MoreFun issues, but MLJ are quite good. Some of the funny animal art i saw in PEP even rivaled Disney IMHO. At least I enjoyed it as much.

Nice book. Yes one of the ones that rarely comes to market for sure! But try looking for Hangman Comics # 8!!!

Agreed. Although I have a sneaking suspicion the type of guy who can post a Zip 26 here might also be able to produce a Hangman 8. hm

No, I mean, why is it a pep 76 for auction when it's clearly a pep 74. And why has no one made mention of it in the auction?

Not to mention it's kind of embarrassing for CGC.

10 % of my last submission had wrong labels :facepalm:

No, I mean, why is it a pep 76 for auction when it's clearly a pep 74. And why has no one made mention of it in the auction?

That's incredible disappointing. This is basic quality control. If something as simple as labels are slipping through unchecked what does that mean for grade confirmation?

PS. I think it's embarrassing for SC too. Has their posting become so formulaic that they don't even look anymore?

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

That's incredible disappointing. This is basic quality control. If something as simple as labels are slipping through unchecked what does that mean for grade confirmation?

PS. I think it's embarrassing for SC too. Has their posting become so formulaic that they don't even look anymore?

I noticed this one, PM'd SC, and they pulled the auction. I assume it's headed back to CGC for a reholder/relabel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Spangled-Comics-87-CGC-7-0-RARE-War-Stories-Nazi-Batman-Cameo-DC-Golden-Age-/131108768331?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e86b10a4b&nma=true&si=NmWJTm6JmjPGZVwipP8m65D3RfY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557