• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

I was sad to give up my 4.0, but couldn't pass this one up. It's a beautiful copy.

Yeah well, I hope you're not losing any sleep. Don't get me wrong, the hoarder in me would like to own a dozen copies in varying grades, but I would have traded a 4.0 for a 6.5 in a heartbeat. I'm just shocked you'd actually consider putting your 22 on the block. You'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

I was sad to give up my 4.0, but couldn't pass this one up. It's a beautiful copy.

Yeah well, I hope you're not losing any sleep. Don't get me wrong, the hoarder in me would like to own a dozen copies in varying grades, but I would have traded a 4.0 for a 6.5 in a heartbeat. I'm just shocked you'd actually consider putting your 22 on the block. You'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

I'm going to be selling both of them so I can outright buy a house on the Eastern Shore. Then with any leftover/saved money I have I'll be buying lower grades of both books.

I'm going to be selling both of them so I can outright buy a house on the Eastern Shore. Then with any leftover/saved money I have I'll be buying lower grades of both books.

That is very grown up of you! Sounds like an awful idea. ;)

That's crazy talk :insane:

Gentleman, by now you should both surely know that I am indeed a mad woman! Mad, I say!

:insane:

Gentleman, by now you should both surely know that I am indeed a mad woman! Mad, I say!

Don't count on real estate increasing in value. :insane:

Edited by BB-Gun

Don't count or real estate increasing in value. :insane:

To paraphrase Will Rogers: "Buy Pep 22s, they ain't makin' any more of 'em." :D

Hah! That's pretty true, but I don't want to rent a place, I want to outright buy a home and you know...be an adult! lol

Hah! That's pretty true, but I don't want to rent a place, I want to outright buy a home and you know...be an adult! lol

Adults mortgage their home at a good rate and write off the interest. Adults realize that buying a home outright is nothing but one big liability. And most of all ADULTS DON'T GET RID OF THEIR COMIC BOOKS! :sumo:

Adults mortgage their home at a good rate and write off the interest. Adults realize that buying a home outright is nothing but one big liability. And most of all ADULTS DON'T GET RID OF THEIR COMIC BOOKS! :sumo:

I'm going to be a crazy adult and take my darn adult chances! VIVA LA ADULTING.