• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Scan-151020-0003_zpsq7qs0eh5.jpg
This is just such an awesome cover. Can you imagine its popularity if it had Captain America, Superman, or, for that matter, Archie on it? At least this way there is a small chance I could find and afford a copy. :cloud9:

I grabbed a new one the other night too. Apologies to whoever, or is it whomever (shrug) , I took it from.

lf_zps3knxolnk.jpeg

Great book. :applause:

I thought long and hard about bidding as this is one of the few issues I'm missing from my run, but right now I'm trying to save up for a grail so I passed.

I grabbed a new one the other night too. Apologies to whoever, or is it whomever (shrug) , I took it from.

lf_zps3knxolnk.jpeg

I thought long and hard about bidding as this is one of the few issues I'm missing from my run, but right now I'm trying to save up for a grail so I passed.

Quick question for those of you that collect Top-Notch. Do you collect the entire run? Or do you stop at issue 27 when it changes to Top-Notch Laugh?

lf_zps3knxolnk.jpeg

Quick question for those of you that collect Top-Notch. Do you collect the entire run? Or do you stop at issue 27 when it changes to Top-Notch Laugh?

I stop my run at 27. I have 20 of the 27 issues so far.

You don't stop for nuthin :)

Just curious if most of the guys that like Top-Notch only want the Super hero issues and only Focus on 1 thru 27.

mostly, but I have 28 as I see it as a minor 'key', and the 31 is a grail I have yet to land..

The past couple of years on the boards have really increased my collection of Archie and MLJ books. I don't believe I've posted in this thread yet, so this is my first thread post and my most recent Archie acquisition (thanks to a great boardie for selling it to me). I love this book!

archie17_zpscqyxnefx.jpg

The past couple of years on the boards have really increased my collection of Archie and MLJ books. I don't believe I've posted in this thread yet, so this is my first thread post and my most recent Archie acquisition (thanks to a great boardie for selling it to me). I love this book!

archie17_zpscqyxnefx.jpg

Looks more like a 7.0 to me.

lf_zps3knxolnk.jpeg

Yeah I was following this one pretty closely as well...Super glad it went to a great home!! (thumbs u

So was finally able to land a complete copy of Hangman Comics #8 story wise. The copy on the right is missing the back cover though. Pages are nice and supple its a great reader. Copy in the Fortress is missing a few centerfolds but the cover is all intact. It also has some color touch. I am not going to marry them I will just keep them as two separate copies.

23037270366_a59e8d3836_c.jpg

Also... can't remember if I posted this one but hit the Jackpot ...

23043444895_b77c4f9156_c.jpg