• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Thanks! I got a few more in from this latest submission.

Suzie #59 - Ohio Copy - I bought this from a dealer as a 9.2. I knew it wasn't going to grade that high but I thought it had a an off-shot at 9.0. I think 8.5 is about right though so I can't complain.

suzie%2059%2085_zps8xfpynnr.jpg

Thanks! I got a few more in from this latest submission.

Suzie #59 - Ohio Copy - I bought this from a dealer as a 9.2. I knew it wasn't going to grade that high but I thought it had a an off-shot at 9.0. I think 8.5 is about right though so I can't complain.

suzie%2059%2085_zps8xfpynnr.jpg

Great!. The Ohio collection seems to have had some nice romance and teen humor books.

Here's my copy of Teen-Age Romances 1 in a similar grade.

lf.jpeg

First of all, amazing books as always, Jason. Congrats. :golfclap:

I just got a few back from CGC the other day too, but these ladies have been keeping me busy.

IMG_4122_zps5gkie3lg.jpg

I am mostly satisfied with what came back. First, this copy tied for highest grade, and is always a tough one to find with a good spine, so I am pleased.

IMG_4173_zpsxqrjffiu.jpg

This copy I bought from Steve and it graded out as he advertised it. Love the page quality as well.

IMG_4176_zpsstspfm24.jpg

My Suzie 62, while a great grade, could probably fair better with a good pressing. I got zinged on a few small dents and a light crease on the back cover. I might send to Matt for a press and have him re-submit.

IMG_4179_zps8dvjxo4q.jpg

Then, of course, there is my disappointing book. Admittedly I just didn't pay attention to the two little spots that some previous owner colored in with a pen, likely because they were so small, and also because I just loved the overall presentation of the book. I do think they were a bit hard on it grade wise noting some light creasing. Not sure what to do with this one... Press? Have Matt attempt resto removal? Just buy another higher grade copy? Or, leave as is or crack it, and just be as happy with it as I always was.

IMG_4175_zpspyvhg71f.jpg

I really need a good slab scanner ... I'm not selling, but it would make for better posting. Feel free to hit me up with any top recommendations. And yes, I know there are a dozen threads on the subject, but it's too much for this exhausted father of 3 to sift through right now. zzz

First of all, amazing books as always, Jason. Congrats. :golfclap:

I just got a few back from CGC the other day too, but these ladies have been keeping me busy.

IMG_4122_zps5gkie3lg.jpg

I am mostly satisfied with what came back. First, this copy tied for highest grade, and is always a tough one to find with a good spine, so I am pleased.

IMG_4173_zpsxqrjffiu.jpg

Two sets of twins :)

ags1_zps8tnv9f0t.jpg

Thanks guys ... the girls are awesome, and Archer is already a great big brother (or as much as a 19 month old can be). I have a feeling I'll be going gray this year, these kids are my presidency.

Steve, figures I'd tie you for the Giant Series 1 (and that your copy would have the nicer pages).