• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2007 CGC FORUM HOLIDAY RAFFLE , post your donations inside.

893 posts in this topic

I think I was browsing through some books by McCleod when my wife and I were last at B&N. I might give them a read through as they sounded interesting.

Oh wait... I have enough books piled up waiting my loving caress. DAAAMMMNNN YOUUU THESIS!!!

I think I was browsing through some books by McCleod when my wife and I were last at B&N. I might give them a read through as they sounded interesting.

Oh wait... I have enough books piled up waiting my loving caress. DAAAMMMNNN YOUUU THESIS!!!

What is your thesis about?

My GF and I were at B&N also last nite.Are you folowing me?

I'm discussing identity performance theory and the "Lancelot & Elaine" chapter from Le Morte d'Arthur. I'm also tying in the late medieval notions of insanity and foolishness and as new outlets for Lancelot to explore as part of his identity. Unfortunately, I'm in a bit of crunch as I need to have half of this finished in time for 1. my professors to review and incorporate into their letters of recommendation and 2. use as my writing sample for my Ph.D. admissions packets. Teaching f/t doesn't help either.

lol If anyone here is a professor of English at either UConn, UMass, UDel, or Lehigh, any help would be appreciated! lol

And Shadown, unless you're live in CT, then no. If you do though... ;)

What is your thesis about?

And are you able to deftly include allusions to Peter Parker and his alter ego?

I'm discussing identity performance theory and the "Lancelot & Elaine" chapter from Le Morte d'Arthur. I'm also tying in the late medieval notions of insanity and foolishness and as new outlets for Lancelot to explore as part of his identity. Unfortunately, I'm in a bit of crunch as I need to have half of this finished in time for 1. my professors to review and incorporate into their letters of recommendation and 2. use as my writing sample for my Ph.D. admissions packets. Teaching f/t doesn't help either.

lol If anyone here is a professor of English at either UConn, UMass, UDel, or Lehigh, any help would be appreciated! lol

I'm glad I took Electrical Engineering! ;)

Umm... I know how to plug my laptop in. Does that count?

I tried incorporating some more non-traditional material in one of my MA term papers in making the argument that Tolkien's LOTR was a recreation of the 14-15th-century movement to establish "Englishness" in the world. Or something like that. Anyhow, ended up that my prof. wasn't a big fan of the idea. So much for trying- at least I had fun writing it. :shrug:

And so, I think Peter Parker and comic- book fun will have to wait unti I've paid my dues to the system before getting to try some of the fun stuff.

Wow! All I wrote about was the development of the American Gangster film from the 1930's to the 1990's. My brain hurts just from reading what your topic is about.

My bad CD- I complained about not being able to read a book that someone's donating because of my thesis. It went downhill from there.

Back to seeing more fun stuff posted here!!! :grin:

Raffle your thesis off in a future holiday forum...

Wow! Those are some very generous gifts! Since this is my first time participating, I wasn't sure what to expect. Here's what I'll donate though it's not as great as what I've seen here.

Conan #41 Fine- 5.0

Conan #49 Fine 6.0

Conan #50 Fine 6.0

Conan #54 Fine- 5.0

Conan #55 Fine- 5.0

Conan #56 VG 4.0

Sorry, not CGC'd. Is this too little? (I'm being serious as I don't know. )

Also, if you're a Beatles fan, I have a hardcover book titled "The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics". Just mention you want it if that's the case.

Wow! Those are some very generous gifts! Since this is my first time participating, I wasn't sure what to expect. Here's what I'll donate though it's not as great as what I've seen here.

Conan #41 Fine- 5.0

Conan #49 Fine 6.0

Conan #50 Fine 6.0

Conan #54 Fine- 5.0

Conan #55 Fine- 5.0

Conan #56 VG 4.0

Sorry, not CGC'd. Is this too little? (I'm being serious as I don't know. )

Also, if you're a Beatles fan, I have a hardcover book titled "The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics". Just mention you want it if that's the case.

You're donation is just fine! ;)