• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2007 CGC FORUM HOLIDAY RAFFLE , post your donations inside.

893 posts in this topic

I'm going to donate my girlfriend

Could we have that other guy's thesis instead? :baiting:

That hurt

It can't hurt as much as you would if your girl saw the above offer. :tonofbricks:

But then again can a girl ever NOT forgive a fuzzy blue elf????

Some amazingly cool stuff for the winners to pick from. While I am humbled at what has been donated so far, I am equally pissed I can't enter! :frustrated:

Heck, who am I kidding, I would not be able to decide what I wanted even if I did win.

I'll start with something:

FF48.jpg

bond_jun07_1.jpg

This is a custom hardcover collection of the Superman daily strips, picking up where the Kitchen Sink Press edition left off in 1942, and goes until 1946. Great WWII era stuff. I made 3 copies, one for myself, one for Mark Waid, and this is the extra copy. Enjoy!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'll donate this book.

fallensonsketch.jpg

For the Alex Ross fans:

th_KingdomCome-1-f.jpg th_KingdomCome-1-r.jpg th_KingdomCome-2-f.jpg th_KingdomCome-2-r.jpg th_KingdomCome-3-f.jpg th_KingdomCome-3-r.jpg th_KingdomCome-4-f.jpg th_KingdomCome-4-r.jpg

ETA: More stuff for Ross fans: Marvels 0 to 4

th_Marvels-0-f.jpg th_Marvels-1-f.jpg th_Marvels-2-f.jpg th_Marvels-3-f.jpg th_Marvels-4-f.jpg

Note: Placeholders for pics until I get them scanned.

Both go together as one gift.

DSCF1422.jpg

DSCF1429.jpg

gonna take me a while to get mine done... ;)

cgc020.jpg

Here's a nice copy of Journey Into Mystery #83 Golden Records Reprint. It's in decent shape, but unfortunately CGC says that it has a piece re-attached to cover. Anyway, I hope the lucky winner enjoys it!!! (thumbs u

Andy

JIM83GRR001.jpg

JIM83GRR002.jpg

I am donating a run of Solar 1-10 by Valiant.

Here is my donation. I know it is not much but it was the only non-horror grail I ever had. Although that broken neck is a bit horrific.

waradventures9.jpg

Hello,

Here is my donation: Uncanny X-men 397 9.6 white pages:

Here is my donation, a semi- decent stack of Marvel Giant Size's.

rafflelot.jpg

I'll put this in:

fy11.jpg

Fantastic Four 117 & 118 CGC 9.0 (Set) both with very rare careful-don't-tilt-your-comic-forward-instant-destructo-manufacture-defect-inner-well.

ff117-8.jpg

Please add these to the mix. Sorry for the fuzzy pics.

10 Horror Mags - incld. Eerie #2,6 - Creepy #3,4 & some Monster Worlds

and don't get too worked up by the price tag on the eerie...that was Crazy Ed's starting price. :screwy: I picked it up for 1/2 that. (thumbs u

eerie.jpg

creepy.jpg

mworld.jpg

Well since it is a time for giving, I will donate a Christmas theme OA Cover to Looney Tunes #97

coverlt191.jpg

All these, already stuffed into a Priority Mail envelope. (low to mid-grade)

Raw Flash lot

I'll donate some random junk that didn't make the VCC list :jokealert:

Remember, my junk > your keepers

I'll add A Few More TPB

marvels.jpg

I'm happy to hear that life has been good to you, Vince. That's great news.

Ze - I'll end up donating the only thing no one but Ares would choose, but fine. I don't mind a little humiliation. One copy of a comic book -script it is.

-- Joanna

I'll throw this into the running...since it's a Forum favorite, everyone should have one!

santa.jpg

Okay, one more odd gift from me -- I will donate an episode of crisis completely centered around the character of your choice. If it's your character, that's fine. If you're just dying for another mylite adventure, that's fine, too. If you're not in crisis, you can get in and I'll write the story about the introduction of your magnificence or malfeasance (depending on whether you want to be a hero or villain).

I am donating two SS slabs: Batman 428 9.2 (Part 3 of Death in the Family) Signed by MIke Mignola and Jim Starlin and Batman 618 (Part of the Hush serial) 9.4 signed by Jim Lee. It wouldn't be complete without me apologizing for not having scans. They are both sweet and the Hush book is Pedigreed - -from the seanh doh! collection - - I accidently SS'd two of the same book!

My donation is sure to lower the high standards set so far doh!

Crafted lead figurine of Gambit, hand painted and individually numbered. Gambit is in original X oufit armed with staff in left hand and cards in right, thrown in UXM #267 (2nd UXM app.) as bonus item

PB200001.jpg

Would anybody be interested in this?

22-2.jpg

If so, I'll throw in three or four more, all not-very-high grade, all not-very-english...

:insane:

Not totally comic related...but along the lines of collecting and fantasy...

New & Unopened

Lord of the Rings

Helm of Eowyn Helmet (mini sized..real metal :o)

From Sideshow Collectibles

Merry Christmas, Guys.

cryptofshadows_13_cgc_9_6_oww_0125988002_a.jpg

Warfront #5 Mile High copy FN range with white pages and documentation of pedigree by Harvey Pub.

will add pic later!

I was scrounging around and found this leftover on a shelf. So I will be donating this along with the War Adventures 9. However, they will not count as a group but as two distinct selections.

crimesuspense25.jpg

My donation will be a $20 gift certificate for Tales of Wonder:

www.talesofwonder.com

Wow, I'm just blown away by all the great stuff...

I was going to donate one book, but I added another, so Marvel and DC collectors would each be OK (and just give the one you don't want to a kid..;)

The Best of Marvel Comics #1, and Superman Archives Volume 1.

books.jpg

Anyways here's my 2c :

45390-ASM26.jpg

And I'll add these to the prize pot to be given together...

Wolverine-NickFury.jpg

wolverinelot1.jpg

batman404.jpg

I dont have anything near as cool as Galactus but I am going to donate these to the raffle.

The Complete Frank Miller Batman Leatherbound Hardback

&

The Dark Knight Returns Hardback 1st printing

PB190023.jpg

my donation in 9.4

th_37303354131_1.gif

&

th_stonedsmilie.gif in small baggy

I don't have a scan :sorry: but rest assured it will be a HG late SA/early BA FF

Here's what I'm donating. This is from GCD but I'll post a scan next week of the actual book.

1555_2_0107.jpg

I will be donating a surprise Signature Series book.

No scans, but I'll donate Rock 'N' Roll Comics #50-52 (Aug.-Oct. 1992) featuring the one and only Bob Dylan--and one of the earlier comics, albeit in rough shape (masking tape running the length of the spine, anyone?): The Funnies #6 (Mar. 1937)...

i can donate a New Mutants 98 CGC 9.6 WHITE. (thumbs u

My donation:

SCKAO: TPB MYSTERY LOT. You will receive at LEAST 10 TPBs and possibly some HCs

Including at least 1 (or more) tpbs from these series:

Y The Last Man

Fables

The Walking Dead

Powers

Sandman

Preacher

You will also receive a copy of Scott McCloud's Reinventing Comics which will not count against your TPB total. (It's just a great book... just like his first.) (thumbs u

Wow! Those are some very generous gifts! Since this is my first time participating, I wasn't sure what to expect. Here's what I'll donate though it's not as great as what I've seen here.

Conan #41 Fine- 5.0

Conan #49 Fine 6.0

Conan #50 Fine 6.0

Conan #54 Fine- 5.0

Conan #55 Fine- 5.0

Conan #56 VG 4.0

Sorry, not CGC'd. Is this too little? (I'm being serious as I don't know. )

Also, if you're a Beatles fan, I have a hardcover book titled "The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics". Just mention you want it if that's the case.

I'll be donating something for sure. My LCS is having a 60% off of everything sale on Friday.

I will obviously update this when scans/photos/items become known.

Happy Holiday's

Ze-

Who was the board member who did the stained glass in past years? I seem to only be able to connect people's outside hobbies through the board raffles :)

Interesting question... hm

(It's the guy who's running this Holiday Raffle and Secret Santa thing... :gossip:)

Who was the board member who did the stained glass in past years? I seem to only be able to connect people's outside hobbies through the board raffles :)
Ze-dork

I'm down for some fun my question is first though...

You donate something... Who pays for the shipping of it?.. I gather should a winner win a donated price person donating it pays for it all?..

You donate something but no one picks it?.. What happens then?..

uhmm.... I think I had some more but it is around 1 am here & brain = fried :D

just looking for some general info here is all ;)

Odds are I can look through a few goodies to donate given time, when is the due date?..

also how many people win?..

That was Kenny, the man himself!! (thumbs u

Really? You'd think I would have remembered that. I'll play the triplet card and blame poor memory on lack of sleep :)

I'm down for some fun my question is first though...

You donate something... Who pays for the shipping of it?.. I gather should a winner win a donated price person donating it pays for it all?..

You donate something but no one picks it?.. What happens then?..

uhmm.... I think I had some more but it is around 1 am here & brain = fried :D

just looking for some general info here is all ;)

Odds are I can look through a few goodies to donate given time, when is the due date?..

also how many people win?..

1. The person donating the prize pays shipping.

2. If nobody picks your prize, don't worry about it. (I think there's a slim chance of this happening)

3. I'm not sure when the due date is but, the drawing is on December 20th

4. As of now, 5 people will win. This number may rise depending on the amount of donations.

Could we have that other guy's thesis instead? :baiting:

That hurt

It can't hurt as much as you would if your girl saw the above offer. :tonofbricks:

But then again can a girl ever NOT forgive a fuzzy blue elf????

:insane: