• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

no love for Showcase?

182 posts in this topic

Thanks,

This issue is really an oddball of the Showcase run. It was based on a British comic adaption of DOCTOR NO. The interior art is quite different than what the current readers of SHOWCASE were used to. I would compare it more in line with Gene Colon's work on TOMB OF DRACULA.

Showcase6.jpg

always loved the Challengers, but that cover has always bothered me as the egg looks too small for even the arm of the beast........... :o

and those faces look like Kirby to me...........

It is Kirby :baiting: Don't know if you're joking or not, sorry if you are!

Ever wonder where the idea for the Fantastic Four came from? Challengers...only, lets give them super-powers instead of just "living on borrowed time".

Don't get me wrong, FF has had a great run, and many original ideas (if those really exist) have come from that series! I just finished reading the Showcase Presents: Challengers Of The Unknown trade, and they seemed to be running out of ideas for the group by the first 10 issues. The Kirby art is :cloud9: however!