• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
13 13

1,735 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2024 at 7:50 PM, MattTheDuck said:

A nice upgrade in today's mail from @october.  My original, off the rack copy, was very well loved.  This was the issue where two important things happened: I got serious about collecting and discovered there actually was a place to buy "back issues" of comic books.

ASM - 122 - 2.jpg

Wow, two awesome things to have connected to such a cool issue!!!  :headbang:

On 6/10/2024 at 5:50 PM, MattTheDuck said:

A nice upgrade in today's mail from @october.  My original, off the rack copy, was very well loved.  This was the issue where two important things happened: I got serious about collecting and discovered there actually was a place to buy "back issues" of comic books.

ASM - 122 - 2.jpg

Whenever I glance at this cover my brain sees the Union Jack.

Edited by MR SigS
Forgot an 's'.

On 6/23/2024 at 12:24 AM, Ghost Town said:

I don't think I've seen ever a copy of MTU #33 without the mis-cut and white stripe on the top.

29425590014_aabe4cac43_b.jpg

29759268530_98477ecdbe_b.jpg

29759268090_8252ececb1_b.jpg

Wow. Just found your registry set. Impressive! Why stop at #100? Still looking to expand? Thanks for sharing!

On 6/23/2024 at 6:16 AM, pmpknface said:

Wow. Just found your registry set. Impressive! Why stop at #100? Still looking to expand? Thanks for sharing!

I had raw copies of #100 to #150 that I bought off the stands. But I sold them when I them a few years ago when I tried to do some downsizing. I thought the stories got increasingly mediocre. And with a few exceptions, I'm not a fan of the covers either.