• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
13 13

1,674 posts in this topic

Any current owners of ASM #151 in CGC 9.6 who want to publicly share? When you got your copy, how much it was, and where you got it from? :wishluck: If you don't want to go public and think such a request rude, then you can PM me. :shy: Or, if you simply want to say you're a proud owner of a 9.6, feel free to exercise free speech. There's only 19 of 'em on the census (out of 193 submitted).

My story, semi-tinged with regret, is forthcoming.

And if anyone definitely knows who is the fortunate owner of the single 9.8 on the census, do tell. Common sense tells me it's Mr. Brulato, but then again, maybe someone beat him to the punch. I see GPA shows that it sold for 1,000 bucks back in September 2006. If that copy ever goes up for sale, or if another one emerges and is auctioned off, I'm thinking it's going to be a battle in the trenches and a predictably insane amount of money realized.

:popcorn:

I have one of the first 9.6s given. I subbed it along with a run of other OO books in 2001. It still sits in its original modern red label holder. It may be a candidate for a resub. (shrug)

Automatic no-prize for anyone who read this entire post.
:hi:

Make it two.

By the way, it is posts like these that make these forums fun to read. (thumbs u

Make it two.

By the way, it is posts like these that make these forums fun to read. (thumbs u

great posts, the only thing I can remember about ASM 151 was I think it began the Len Wein run, good writer but he paled in comparision to the previous great Gerry Conway run. :sick:

similar to when Jack Kirby replaced Steve Englehart on Captain America about the same time period.

Any current owners of ASM #151 in CGC 9.6 who want to publicly share? When you got your copy, how much it was, and where you got it from? :wishluck: If you don't want to go public and think such a request rude, then you can PM me. :shy: Or, if you simply want to say you're a proud owner of a 9.6, feel free to exercise free speech. There's only 19 of 'em on the census (out of 193 submitted).

And if anyone definitely knows who is the fortunate owner of the single 9.8 on the census, do tell. Common sense tells me it's Mr. Brulato, but then again, maybe someone beat him to the punch. I see GPA shows that it sold for 1,000 bucks back in September 2006. If that copy ever goes up for sale, or if another one emerges and is auctioned off, I'm thinking it's going to be a battle in the trenches and a predictably insane amount of money realized.

I have one of the first 9.6s given. I subbed it along with a run of other OO books in 2001. It still sits in its original modern red label holder. It may be a candidate for a resub. (shrug)

Resub it! :headbang: Or actually, I've never seen a #151 in a red holder...and it is a 9.6. :think:

(If you do resub, and it comes back 9.4, I'll disappear for a while. :whistle:)

Make it two.

Another no-prize awarded. :hail:

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm thinking the Diet Mountain Dews I had the other day need to be given their due. :whistle:

Edited by cloudofwit

Resub it! :headbang: Or actually, I've never seen a #151 in a red holder...and it is a 9.6. :think:

No worries there. (thumbs u

It's not a 9.4 even on a bad CGC day. There are 2 tiny NCB marks along the spine, that can only be seen with tilting of the book. Nothing else.

I'm not terribly motivated to re-sub though.

As an end note, 173 also is a very difficult book in 9.8, especially compared to the census numbers around it.

No worries there. (thumbs u

It's not a 9.4 even on a bad CGC day. There are 2 tiny NCB marks along the spine, that can only be seen with tilting of the book. Nothing else.

I'm not terribly motivated to re-sub though.

As an end note, 173 also is a very difficult book in 9.8, especially compared to the census numbers around it.

:think: That #173 generally doesn't come up much in the higher grades.

Bought a copy from a boardie today, looks like a possibility for 9.6 to me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3828588&fpart=18

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3828588&fpart=18

I saw that! Considering your screen name, maybe I don't need to ask if you're going to send it down to Sarasota. :whistle: If you don't mind, Check back in when you have some results. :wishluck:

I saw that! Considering your screen name, maybe I don't need to ask if you're going to send it down to Sarasota. :whistle: If you don't mind, Check back in when you have some results. :wishluck:

I will certainly update when slabbed. I bought a raw #135 on the board to give it company on the trip to FLA. :wishluck:

I am now addicted to board sales!

I will certainly update when slabbed. I bought a raw #135 on the board to give it company on the trip to FLA. :wishluck:

I am now addicted to board sales!

:thumbsup:

Some truly bizarre news on the HG ASM #151 front. When filter81's 9.6 (WP) sold for 306.00 recently, I sure wish I had the funds to land that one...Well, now, someone tonight on ebay, just got a 9.6 (OWW) for a mere 115.00--:whatthe:--and there were a decent # of bidders--and the traditional auction end time of Sunday evening.

I don't know what to think of this. GPA was nearly 400 bucks. It's gotta be an absolute fluke. Or maybe another brick in the Bronze wall of "If it ain't a key--even if it's ASM--it's not going to go for 5 to 10 times Guide." Man, I'm utterly stunned. Or maybe I should be thrilled as I'm trying to pick up a 9.6 copy. :shrug:

Edited by cloudofwit

Some truly bizarre news on the HG ASM #151 front. When filter81's 9.6 (WP) sold for 306.00 recently, I sure wish I had the funds to land that one...Well, now, someone tonight on ebay, just got a 9.6 (OWW) for a mere 115.00--:whatthe:--and there were a decent # of bidders--and the traditional auction end time of Sunday evening.

I don't know what to think of this. GPA was nearly 400 bucks. It's gotta be an absolute fluke. Or maybe another brick in the Bronze wall of "If it ain't a key--even if it's ASM--it's not going to go for 5 to 10 times Guide." Man, I'm utterly stunned. Or maybe I should be thrilled as I'm trying to pick up a 9.6 copy. :shrug:

Some people are blaming this downward movement of bronze on pressing. I guess I'm not educated enough to know if this the case or not.