• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo's worse Photoshop Ebay auction yet.

374 posts in this topic

settle down, settle down. if you read my first post about 2 pages back i started by saying obviously he is doctoring the scans.

i just don't understand why no one has left a negative feedback.

and i would not purchase from him either (thumbs u

settle down, settle down. if you read my first post about 2 pages back i started by saying obviously he is doctoring the scans.

i just don't understand why no one has left a negative feedback.

and i would not purchase from him either (thumbs u

because:

A) they got their money back

B) they can't grade for 5hit and were happy with their purchase

I purchased a book from comic keys, immediately returned it, and got a refund

I left no feedback for the obvious reasons

Last night I was doing my usual eBay searches when I came across this:

B&B #28

BB28full_052508.jpg

I have never in my life seen a seller list as many color touched, qualified, and trimmed (books Robojo has fuked up and are now entirely too obvious to sell as unrestored) books alongside those that are “supposedly” unrestored. How could someone who knew absolutly nothing about the CGC boards be stupid enough to buy off of him? I decided to e-mail Robojo as I KNEW a detailed, fraudulent, bullsh** response would soon follow. I wrote:

Where are you getting all of these high grade books? Oh yea that's right you trim all of them up. Congrats Homofag.

His response was

One of the most watched sellers in the history of eBay trimming comics and representing them as unrestored? I don't think so. I'd have to be the most stupid seller in eBay history if that were true. There are trimmed comics in my listings. The ones that are disclosed as trimmed/restored. Some of those have trim on them and it's fully disclosed. Thusfar, none of the unrestored comics I've listed have been returned as trimmed. That would be zero and Old Guy would be able to corroborate that fact as he's in continuous contact with his sponsor, CGC, on the outcome of my buyers' submissions.

OldGuy what can you tell us about this? I’ve heard (and seen) that many of books come in as totally under graded and/or restored. Any news?

CC

Where are you getting all of these high grade books? Oh yea that's right you trim all of them up. Congrats Homofag.

I'm not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) and I have no real opinion of Robojo33...but...what is with the random "Homofag" insult? Are you 12 years old?

I'm not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) and I have no real opinion of Robojo33...but...what is with the random "Homofag" insult? Are you 12 years old?

:sorry: but O how I hate Robojo :devil:

He is talking about frozen milk cigarettes...It's a Canadian thing (shrug)

He is talking about frozen milk cigarettes...It's a Canadian thing (shrug)

Glad I don't smoke, I'm Canadian.

I have never in my life seen a seller list as many color touched, qualified, and trimmed (books Robojo has fuked up and are now entirely too obvious to sell as unrestored) books alongside those that are “supposedly” unrestored. How could someone who knew absolutly nothing about the CGC boards be stupid enough to buy off of him? I decided to e-mail Robojo as I KNEW a detailed, fraudulent, bullsh** response would soon follow. I wrote:

His response was

One of the most watched sellers in the history of eBay trimming comics and representing them as unrestored? I don't think so. I'd have to be the most stupid seller in eBay history if that were true. There are trimmed comics in my listings. The ones that are disclosed as trimmed/restored. Some of those have trim on them and it's fully disclosed. Thusfar, none of the unrestored comics I've listed have been returned as trimmed. That would be zero and Old Guy would be able to corroborate that fact as he's in continuous contact with his sponsor, CGC, on the outcome of my buyers' submissions.

OldGuy what can you tell us about this? I’ve heard (and seen) that many of books come in as totally under graded and/or restored. Any news?

CC

I can tell you what I've said all along:

I believe that most, if not all, of the books he sells on eBay are legitimate. He discloses restoration on restored books and also sells some high grade unrestored books. It's called "salting the mine". The restored books that he sells without disclosure are sold off of eBay and that is where he makes his real money.

Now of course I can't prove that so it's only speculation (with a bit of corroboration).

Gotta admit, I was thinking about bidding on a Robojo auction last night. I just want to see for myself how good or bad his grading is and send it to CGC for the resto check. In the end I couldn't do it. I just don't want to support a seller that is likely connected or is in fact Danny.

I still can't understand how a seller on Ebay could have so many positive feedbacks that specifically comment about the super high grade comic received.

Gotta admit, I was thinking about bidding on a Robojo auction last night. I just want to see for myself how good or bad his grading is and send it to CGC for the resto check. In the end I couldn't do it. I just don't want to support a seller that is likely connected or is in fact Danny.

I still can't understand how a seller on Ebay could have so many positive feedbacks that specifically comment about the super high grade comic received.

Chances are good the book would come back with a blue label and a lower grade than advertised. The knock on his ebay books of late is not that he does not disclose restoration but that he cracks books out and bumps the grade. Remember the ny_motor_dude pipeline and others. And of course his photoshop skills such as they are.