• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAREDEVIL #1...GUESS THE GRADE (?) GRADE REVEALED

27 posts in this topic

This book has been graded by CGC...I might consider re-submitting it...curious to think what all you fine graders might think and how it might affect my decision (anyone who knows me or this book please refrain from "guessing"...thanks.

I will post the grade in the next 48 hrs...

DD1FCCGC45.jpg

DD1BCCGC45.jpg

This is a toughie.............

the FC looks pretty sweet except for the entire ragged top edge and the missing piece URC.

the BC top edge is like the front except for the deep crease on the ULC and the odd whitening.......there's also the tiny piece missing out of the bottom edge, the ripples on the left edge midway and either another missing piece or a water stain on the left edge about 2/3's down.

i'm thinking it got no more than a 3.5 - 4.0.......

This book has been graded by CGC...I might consider re-submitting it...curious to think what all you fine graders might think and how it might affect my decision (anyone who knows me or this book please refrain from "guessing"...thanks.

I will post the grade in the next 48 hrs...

Since you are disappointed with the grade and we can see the slight water damage & discoloration at the top, I agree with the majority here that the grade is probably in the 3.5-4.5 range. (Though if you just posted the book without comment, I think grades may have been a touch higher.)

Tough to see how extensive the moisture is, but with that & the URC chip I'll throw out a guess of 4.0 as well. It's certainly a sweet book!, and I can see why you'd be disappointed with a lower technical grade given how well the book presents.

I don't really know if there is water damage at the top edge or not. For me it's hard to see from the scan.

Now we know that you're disappointed by the given grade which is why you want to resubmit. So they probably gave it lower than I am going to give it here.

I think it's a decent looking copy that should grade in the 4.5-5.0 range.

The only factor changing this grade in my opinion would be if there is water damage or not!!! anyway, nice book!!!