• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,914 posts in this topic

I am going through a box of Gold Keys, they all have great color, gloss and pages, grades are going to vary. They will be inexpensive, most are 33% to 50% of guide...(except purple or hot pink covers...)

These are great kids books...Maybe in an hour or so...

Hello again boys and girls. :grin:

It's time for another Forums Only sales thread as I've done way too much buying lately and not enough selling. This time around I'll be listing a wide variety of comics including Marvels, DC's, Archies, Charltons, Dells, Gold Keys, Harveys and miscellaneous other titles. I just purchased a few thousand Bronze and Copper Age Marvels in high grade and I will be posting many of those as well. Keep an eye on this sales thread as you never know what I'll be listing next. hm

Postings will start shortly.....

Mike

I'm going to be listing issues of new xmen between 103 and 120 in my thread in the next little while. Some of these books are phenomenal, but a few have a water spot on the back of otherwise 9.0+ books and a few have extremely minor humidity type warbles without staining or direct water contact. Many that I say have warbles are imperceptible to the eye and even barely perceptible to the touch.

The 109 that I had slabbed from this collection came back 9.6 White pages.

Ok, they're now posted in the thread with images and prices.

xmen 103(VG due to stain on front cover at the bottom)

xmen 105 (VG/FN)

xmen 105 (9.2-9.4) 9.2

xmen 106 (VG+)

xmen 106 (F+ to F/VF)

xmen 107 (9.2+)

xmen 108 (FN) (byrne art begins)

xmen 110 9.0 Qualified as there's a dime size water spot on the back

xmen 112 8.0 Qualified as there's a water spot on the back and minor warble that could be pressed out. (this one is more like an 8.5 Q book)

xmen 113 9.0 Q Qualified as there's a water spot. ( I'd even go lower on the Q grade with this one as this has the largest water damage on the back)....not sure how to grade it. Maybe 8.0 Q, even thought the front presents like a 9.0 or better)

Xmen 114 Fine

xmen 115 Fine-

Xmen 116 8.5-9.0 Q , very slight warble pressible.

Xmen 117 8.5

Xmen 118 9.0 (extremely slight warble....no one would notice IMO)

Xmen 120 9.4-9.6 Q almost imperceptible warble.

Edited by comicdey

I'm going to be listing the following books and more over the next few days. All of these are from an original owner collection purchased today.

th_Action246fc.jpgth_Batman138fc45.jpgth_Batman157fc50.jpgth_BoyComics101fc45.jpgth_MGA80fc40.jpg

th_Superboy96fc30.jpgth_TalesHorror8fc40.jpgth_Tec251fc30-sprollbfcbugchew.jpgth_Tec275fc55-lowerstpop.jpgth_Tec278fc50.jpg

th_Tec280fc55.jpgth_Tec282fc30app55.jpgth_Tec285fc60.jpgth_Tec289fc30.jpgth_Tec318fc20.jpg

th_Tec319fc35.jpgth_WeirdToF6fc30.jpg

My bet is that someone's gonna start three new sales threads today . . . :whistle:

:whistle:

Nah, actually I'm not.

But I will be starting a few new threads during the week, due to the items being sufficiently different to my ongoing Silver/Bronze thread.

I've got a bunch of Gold Key/King/Archie/Charlton books from the '60s and '70s, centred around an almost complete run of Phantom and including a '64 Shadow #2 Double Cover! ^^

I've also got a sweet set of Bone #1 through #14, all signed by Jeff Smith.

And then I'm branching out into Copper/Moderns. This will include full sets of Miracleman, Marvel Zombies, Fear Agent, Planetary, Bone, 30 Days Of Night (all series) as well as Sandman #1 through #20, Preacher #1 through #10...and a Signature Series Dark Knight Returns #1! :o

Ok, so I just bought a collection and here is approximately 1/2 of the books in group shots. I will be offering the collection at an average of 50% of guide strictly graded with 100% satisfaction guaranty. Most of the books from the silver age portion range from G to FN with averagte grade of VG/VG-. The Bronze is FN+ to VF+ range. All books are Marvel and are from same collector, with all the main titles being represented. Thor, Jim, Iron Man, ASM, DD, FF, Hulk, TTA, TOS, Strange Tales, Avengers, X-Men and the like. This will be a board only sale and if it does well I will put the whole run up. I am going to do a seperate sales thread one at a time for each title. Example: ASM, then a FF, ect. ect.

th_Collection18.jpg

th_Collection16.jpg

th_Collection15.jpg

th_Collection14.jpg

th_Collection13.jpg

th_Collection12.jpg

th_Collection11.jpg

th_Collection10.jpg

th_Collection9.jpg

th_Collection8.jpg

th_Collection7.jpg

th_Collection6.jpg

th_Collection17.jpg

th_Collection5.jpg

th_Collection4.jpg

th_Collection3.jpg

th_Collection2.jpg

th_Collection1.jpg

th_Collection40.jpg

th_Collection39.jpg

th_Collection37.jpg

th_Collection36.jpg

th_Collection35.jpg

th_Collection34.jpg

th_Collection33.jpg

th_Collection32.jpg

th_Collection31.jpg

th_Collection30.jpg

th_Collection29.jpg

th_Collection28.jpg

th_Collection27.jpg

th_Collection26.jpg

th_Collection24.jpg

th_Collection23.jpg

th_Collection22.jpg

th_Collection21.jpg

th_Collection20.jpg

th_Collection19.jpg

th_Collection62.jpg

th_Collection61.jpg

th_Collection60.jpg

th_Collection59.jpg

th_collection57.jpg

th_Collection56.jpg

th_Collection55.jpg

th_Collection54.jpg

th_Collection53.jpg

th_Collection51.jpg

th_Collection50.jpg

th_Collection49.jpg

th_Collection47.jpg

th_Collection46.jpg

th_Collection45.jpg

th_Collection44.jpg

th_Collection43.jpg

th_Collection42.jpg

th_Collection41.jpg

th_Collection18-1.jpg

th_Collection17-1.jpg

th_Collection16-1.jpg

th_Collection15-1.jpg

th_Collection14-2.jpg

th_Collection13-1.jpg

th_Collection12-1.jpg

th_Collection11-1.jpg

th_Collection10-1.jpg

th_Collection9-1.jpg

th_Collection8-1.jpg

th_Collection7-1.jpg

th_Collection6-1.jpg

th_Collection5-1.jpg

th_Collection4-1.jpg

th_Collection3-1.jpg

th_Collection14-1.jpg

th_Collection1-1.jpg

SALE PLANED FOR APRIL 26TH 10AM PST! WILL UPDATE TIME AND DATE IF NEEDED! I WILL LIST A MASTER LIST AS FIRST POST WITH PRICES AND GRADES. AT THAT POINT I WILL MAKE PM SALES IN ADVANCE OF PICTURE LISTINGS BASED UPON GRADE AND PRICE. DUE TO THE HIGH NUMBER OF BOOKS IN THIS COLLECTION I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PRE SCAN AND PM INDIVIDUAL BOOKS. IF YOU NEED TO SEE THE PIC, THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR PICTURE LISTING. SOME BOOKS WILL BE SOLD IN LOTS(FOR INTSANCE IF I HAVE 10 BOOKS THAT LIST IN OVERSTREET FOR 3-5 DOLLARS EACH, I WILL MOST LIKELY LIST THAT GROUP FOR LIKE $20.00 SHIPPED). SOLID MID RUN BOOKS WILL BE LISTED AT AROUND 40-50% OF GUIDE. KEYS WILL BE HIGHER AND COMMON STUFF LESS. I HOPE THIS HELPS.

THANKSPAUL

Edited by mr.schomburg

I will be listing about 200 Iron Man books from issue #6 up to #250. Grades vary from mid grade 7.0 to 9.6. Moderns average about 9.2 and earlier books about 8.0, but there is a smattering of high grade in the early ones. Listings will begin Late Saturday night, possibly tonight depending on how late the Birthday festivities run. :acclaim:

SALE PLANED FOR APRIL 26TH 10AM PST! WILL UPDATE TIME AND DATE IF NEEDED! I WILL LIST A MASTER LIST AS FIRST POST WITH PRICES AND GRADES. AT THAT POINT I WILL MAKE PM SALES IN ADVANCE OF PICTURE LISTINGS BASED UPON GRADE AND PRICE. DUE TO THE HIGH NUMBER OF BOOKS IN THIS COLLECTION I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PRE SCAN AND PM INDIVIDUAL BOOKS. IF YOU NEED TO SEE THE PIC, THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR PICTURE LISTING. SOME BOOKS WILL BE SOLD IN LOTS(FOR INTSANCE IF I HAVE 10 BOOKS THAT LIST IN OVERSTREET FOR 3-5 DOLLARS EACH, I WILL MOST LIKELY LIST THAT GROUP FOR LIKE $20.00 SHIPPED). SOLID MID RUN BOOKS WILL BE LISTED AT AROUND 40-50% OF GUIDE. KEYS WILL BE HIGHER AND COMMON STUFF LESS. I HOPE THIS HELPS.

THANKSPAUL

NFL Draft Day! :cry:

I'm considering having a small sale today. With some HG slabbed DCs and a couple HG raw dc Horrors. The horrors would be sold as a lot the HOM 198,200 and 202 wher bought of a board member a little over a year ago as a 9.2, 9.6,9.4. The horrors won't be cheap. Slabs would be a WF 204 (9.6 white), Adv. 405 (9.0 white) LL 113 (9.0 white). I would be consolidating the funds from all these books into one key book.

th_test013.jpgth_test014.jpgth_test015.jpgth_test016.jpgth_test017.jpgI don't really want to waste my time and bump someone else thread off the front page if the interest isn't strong enough.

Edited by BrianR

BrianR and Paul (Mr.Schomburg): If you will delete the space between your thumbnail links (they'll be on the same line), you can fit about 5 thumbnails on one line. This makes viewing these posts infinitely easier.

THANKSPAUL

Wasn't this suppose to start two hours ago? :baiting:

THANKSPAUL

Wasn't this suppose to start two hours ago? :baiting:

Why do I get the feeling as soon as I sign off for the day he'll show up and start the thread and I'll miss everything.

:(

I'm going to list a few books in the next day or two. Mostly SA, higher grade...a few DC and a few Marvel. All really nice and early stuff. I may also relist some of the consignment books I've had with scans this time.

R.

I'm considering having a small sale today. With some HG slabbed DCs and a couple HG raw dc Horrors. The horrors would be sold as a lot the HOM 198,200 and 202 wher bought of a board member a little over a year ago as a 9.2, 9.6,9.4. The horrors won't be cheap. Slabs would be a WF 204 (9.6 white), Adv. 405 (9.0 white) LL 113 (9.0 white). I would be consolidating the funds from all these books into one key book.

th_test013.jpgth_test014.jpgth_test015.jpgth_test016.jpgth_test017.jpgI don't really want to waste my time and bump someone else thread off the front page if the interest isn't strong enough.

List them :sumo:

A person is interested in one of the books via pm I would like to list them as a group price in my thread as to get rid of them all in one shot. As of right now its interest only, but I want to give the person a shot before I list them.

Edited by BrianR

Ok, so I just bought a collection and here is approximately 1/2 of the books in group shots. I will be offering the collection at an average of 50% of guide strictly graded with 100% satisfaction guaranty. Most of the books from the silver age portion range from G to FN with averagte grade of VG/VG-. The Bronze is FN+ to VF+ range. All books are Marvel and are from same collector, with all the main titles being represented. Thor, Jim, Iron Man, ASM, DD, FF, Hulk, TTA, TOS, Strange Tales, Avengers, X-Men and the like. This will be a board only sale and if it does well I will put the whole run up. I am going to do a seperate sales thread one at a time for each title. Example: ASM, then a FF, ect. ect.

th_Collection18.jpg

th_Collection16.jpg

th_Collection15.jpg

th_Collection14.jpg

th_Collection13.jpg

th_Collection12.jpg

th_Collection11.jpg

th_Collection10.jpg

th_Collection9.jpg

th_Collection8.jpg

th_Collection7.jpg

th_Collection6.jpg

th_Collection17.jpg

th_Collection5.jpg

th_Collection4.jpg

th_Collection3.jpg

th_Collection2.jpg

th_Collection1.jpg

th_Collection40.jpg

th_Collection39.jpg

th_Collection37.jpg

th_Collection36.jpg

th_Collection35.jpg

th_Collection34.jpg

th_Collection33.jpg

th_Collection32.jpg

th_Collection31.jpg

th_Collection30.jpg

th_Collection29.jpg

th_Collection28.jpg

th_Collection27.jpg

th_Collection26.jpg

th_Collection24.jpg

th_Collection23.jpg

th_Collection22.jpg

th_Collection21.jpg

th_Collection20.jpg

th_Collection19.jpg

th_Collection62.jpg

th_Collection61.jpg

th_Collection60.jpg

th_Collection59.jpg

th_collection57.jpg

th_Collection56.jpg

th_Collection55.jpg

th_Collection54.jpg

th_Collection53.jpg

th_Collection51.jpg

th_Collection50.jpg

th_Collection49.jpg

th_Collection47.jpg

th_Collection46.jpg

th_Collection45.jpg

th_Collection44.jpg

th_Collection43.jpg

th_Collection42.jpg

th_Collection41.jpg

th_Collection18-1.jpg

th_Collection17-1.jpg

th_Collection16-1.jpg

th_Collection15-1.jpg

th_Collection14-2.jpg

th_Collection13-1.jpg

th_Collection12-1.jpg

th_Collection11-1.jpg

th_Collection10-1.jpg

th_Collection9-1.jpg

th_Collection8-1.jpg

th_Collection7-1.jpg

th_Collection6-1.jpg

th_Collection5-1.jpg

th_Collection4-1.jpg

th_Collection3-1.jpg

th_Collection14-1.jpg

th_Collection1-1.jpg

THANKSPAUL

Sale Post-poned! I am not even close to having them all graded and scanned yet. I was to optimistic. I will update in a few days. Sorry, for the delay.

Paul

Guys check out my thread for a trade offer on all the books listed. There will be no bumping once the thread falls off the front page it is closed. Have a great Sunday!!!

Update. its officially off the front page and thread is closed

Edited by BrianR