• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,195 posts in this topic

My latest acquisition.

The classic Weird Tales with the Brundage Girlfight cover:

WTGirlfight.jpg

Thats just no such thing as a bad Brundage cover!!!

Really nice ECcomic... your Brundage collection is shaping up nicely!

This is an unusual all ERB pulp loaded with 4 different John Carter, Warlord of Mars type covers:

P7060002.jpg

What do you mean? Did someone remove the four ERB stories from the individual issues and put them together in one? Just curious.

This is an unusual all ERB pulp loaded with 4 different John Carter, Warlord of Mars type covers:

P7060002.jpg

What do you mean? Did someone remove the four ERB stories from the individual issues and put them together in one? Just curious.

I don't know enough about these ERB pulps. Almost looks like 4 remaindered pulps may have been rebound into a John Carter annual of sorts. The 1st chapter says, "April, 1930" with corresponding front cover. The 1st 4 pulp covers from this link are all included in my 1 volume.

http://www.erbzine.com/mag2/0227.html

Checked the Jerry Weist price guide for OA, fanzines and pulps. There are 2 different ERB John Carter of Mars compilations. Mine is the earlier 1 at 1930; next volume 2 circa 1936. Similiar to an annual by comic book standards. :gossip:

Very cool Shadow AD!!!

I just picked this up this Rare Shadow Cardboard Advertising Sign. This goes into my collection alongside three other Shadow signs and three other Doc Savage Advertising signs from the from the early 30's

1) Rare Street & Smith Shadow cardboard advertising pulp sign from 1934.

It measures 11" x 14" (before framing).

shadowpulpsign34framed.jpg

2) A Rare Street & Smith Shadow advertising cardboard sign from 1933.

It measures11" x 14" (before framing).

*Just picked up a double of this one on ebay*

SSShadowpulpposterNEW.jpg

3) A Rare Shadow Radio cardboard sign from 1934, sponsored by Blue Coal.

ShadowRadioNew-2.jpg

4) A Rare and very large Street & Smith Shadow advertising cardboard sign from

1932. It measures 22" x 28" (before framing).

Largeshadowsign1degree-1.jpg

I am always looking to add more Shadow Pulp or Radio advertising posters/signs from the 1930's and 1940's, to my personal collection. I am especialy looking the original Shadow signs that Steranko reprinted in the 1970's.

I am also looking to obtain Shadow Pulp cover oil paintings and interior Shadow pulp art.

Dwight

2) A Rare Street & Smith Shadow advertising cardboard sign from 1933.

It measures11" x 14" (before framing).

*Just picked up a double of this one on ebay*

SSShadowpulpposterNEW.jpg

Great stuff Dwight :applause: I especially like this one.

PrivateDetectivev01n041937-09.jpgPlanetStoriesv02n061944-Spring.jpgMammothAdventurev01n011946-07.jpgMammothMysteryv02n061946-06.jpgMagicCarpetv03n031933-07.jpgJungleStoriesv04n021948-Spring.jpgGoldenFleecev01n021938-11.jpgFrontierStoriesv17n071949-Summer.jpgFightStoriesv01n031928-08.jpgFantasticAdventuresv01n031939-09.jpgDimeMysteryv12n041936-10.jpgDetectiveClassicsv02n111931-06.jpgDetectiveBookv04n091945-Spring.jpgDetectiveBookv01n121931-03.jpgAvon127-EasternShameGirl1947.jpgAmazingStoriesv15n031941-03.jpgAll-StoryWeeklyv101n011919-08-30.jpgAirWonderStoriesv01n061929-12.jpgAdventureTrails2ndseriesv01n011938-.jpg

Figured on my first post, I would provide a pretty nice cross-section of my pulp collection... If anyone has a Planet Stories v01n06 or v06n01 in VG or better condition that they would like to sell, those are the last two I need to complete my Planet collection... and I am only 16 more short of having the entire run in VG or better...

Peace, Love & Broadswords,

Cimm

Edited by Cimm

FantasticAdventuresv01n031939-09.jpg

Figured on my first post, I would provide a pretty nice cross-section of my pulp collection... If anyone has a Planet Stories v01n06 or v06n01 in VG or better condition that they would like to sell, those are the last two I need to complete my Planet collection... and I am only 16 more short of having the entire run in VG or better...

Cimm

GREAT assortment of Pulps, Cimm!!

Welcome to the boards!

If you ever want to sell the FANTASTIC ADVENTURES above, PM me. I am collecting the Frank R. Paul issues of this title (back cover art issues). At the least, do you think you could post a scan of this back cover? :wishluck:

Very cool Shadow AD!!!

3) A Rare Shadow Radio cardboard sign from 1934, sponsored by Blue Coal.

ShadowRadioNew-2.jpg

Dwight

What a fantastic poster collection, Dwight!!! Great framing job too!!

This blue one is outstanding!

Cimm

Wow! What a great first post! :applause:

Welcome to the boards! Can't wait to see more of your collection.

Jeff

Actually, I just recently completed my collection of the Fantastic Adventures bedsheets... want scans of all the back covers?

YES PLEASE!!!

And thank you!! I have a few, but am looking to complete the bedsheet run as well (I'm a big Paul fan). Can you list which issues the various back covers are from?

Thanks loads!! (worship)

Actually, I just recently completed my collection of the Fantastic Adventures bedsheets... want scans of all the back covers?

YES PLEASE!!!

And thank you!! I have a few, but am looking to complete the bedsheet run as well (I'm a big Paul fan). Can you list which issues the various back covers are from?

Thanks loads!! (worship)

I'll second that! You can never have too many Paul scans in a thread. :)

Also, I'm guessing from your user name, that you might have some REH material?