• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,155 posts in this topic

Could this be the new secret weapon that finally breaks the stalemate on the Western Front?

IllustratedWorld1916-12fc.jpg

It's a prototypical board member ... notice how it shoots off its mouth.

Cool items. Thanks for sharing.

This is along the lines of pulp related items.

Hakes had a few different vintage Shadow items in their last auction.

I already had all of the items in the Hakes auction in my personal collection, except a large Rare full page Royal Crown Cola Ad. which Martin Grams said he can't recall seeing even when doing all his research on his Shadow book.

I won the large newspaper Ad from Hakes.

This was the write-up in Hakes:

16" x 21” page from March 29, 1940 “Kansas City Journal" has (15-5/8" x 19.5”) image area promoting “A New Radio Mystery/Thrilling, Exciting, Dramatic Radio Serial” sponsored by Royal Crown Cola on station KCMO. The radio show officially began in 1937, and this marks its debut in Kansas City. Historic."

ShadowadfromHakes.jpg

Dwight

I already had all of the items in the Hakes auction in my personal collection, except a large Rare full page Royal Crown Cola Ad. which Martin Grams said he can't recall seeing even when doing all his research on his Shadow book.

16" x 21” page from March 29, 1940 “Kansas City Journal" has (15-5/8" x 19.5”) image area promoting “A New Radio Mystery/Thrilling, Exciting, Dramatic Radio Serial” sponsored by Royal Crown Cola on station KCMO. The radio show officially began in 1937, and this marks its debut in Kansas City. Historic."

ShadowadfromHakes.jpg

Dwight

:hi: Dwight, you have the absolute kewlist Shadow memorabilia. (worship)

ShadowadfromHakes.jpg

Dwight

Very cool Dwight! :applause:

A little late for the GA forum as its from January 1959, but this is the first issue of the REH and sword & sorcery fanzine AMRA. Many of the early issues have contributions by Lieber, Moorcock, de Camp,and art by Krenkel. This issue has an article by Poul Anderson and this particular one is editor George Scithers' file copy.

Amra01.jpg

Two pulps from my personal collection in this afternoon's Heritage auction. All you have to do is look at the back covers to tell how nice they are. Both Weird Tales.

One with a letter from the Editor to a lady who wrote in. Heritage describes one as being trimmed but it isn't. Slightly miscut. Both really cheap. 110 and 90. as I speak.

Jack

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotNo=94789&lotIdNo=39004

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotNo=94790&lotIdNo=39003

7735714364_712463f914_b.jpg we

I picked up a few pulps in an auction recently. I think this cover by Paul is one of my favorites.

Also found some nice text illustrations by Burroughs.

Edited by BB-Gun

I'm interested in buying some old pulp magazines. I plan to read through this thread to see if the answers are here, but what's a good place to start looking into these old magazines? I'm curious to know more about likely condition and values to consider being I just dive in. Can anyone recommend a good seller?