• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,163 posts in this topic

[font:Arial Black]Hello,

Just picked up this Shadow from 1933. I think it is a touch nicer than my other two (cropped the image a little too much at the top).[/font]

KGrHqFoMFZHiGmBQQoHqt1lw60_57.jpg

[font:Arial Black]Dwight[/font]

Dwight, you're da man! (worship)

BTW, thanks again for those late night Shadow discussions a few months back. I'm lovin' that Rozen cover painting acquired from Theo.

If I weren't been so wrapped up with my own art and trying to get caught up after the european tour, I'd phone more often. :sorry:

Cat :hi:

That copy of the Shadow looks great. How much did that set you back?

$450.00

Dwight

If it looks as good in person that's worth it.

I would kill to find a creeping death or black hush in that kind of shape.

Beautiful book. Thanks for posting it. :)

What's a good price range for Black Hush or Creeping Death these days. I've got back into buying pulps on a more regular basis to fill some holes or upgrade but

I'm sure the markets changed over the past few years since my last Shadow purchases. Those two are my biggest wants of issues I don't have.

What's a good price range for Black Hush or Creeping Death these days. I've got back into buying pulps on a more regular basis to fill some holes or upgrade but

I'm sure the markets changed over the past few years since my last Shadow purchases. Those two are my biggest wants of issues I don't have.

PM me your email or contact info. Nerv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, here are two more 4 more Shadows that I just picked up for my collection, some are now doubles, some triples.

The first three are from a collection known as the Red Lion collection where the covers might have had some overhang wear, but they are so glossy that the look like they just were printed and have bone white paper.

April 1932 (#9)

RedLion.jpg

RedLion2.jpg

Jan. 1932 (#6)

M455azz.jpg

March 15, 1933

crimeuseyes1-4.jpg

This was another sharp April 1931 that I picked up. It looks as nice as the one above, but not quite as glossy with creamy to off-white paper.

MobsmenontheSpotDF.jpg

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Look what I found at the Baltimore Comic Con! The Aug 1928 issue of Weird Tales featuring "Red Shadows", the first Solomon Kane story, and the Jun 1927 issue too.

WeirdTalesVol12No2Aug1928.jpg

WeirdTalesVol9No6Jun1927.jpg

Sweet Todd! :applause:

The August 1928 also has the first published work of Tennessee Williams.