• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,154 posts in this topic

Thanks, Ryan. :)

I also own the cover art to the November 1938, Complete Detective.

completedetective193811.jpg

I did not know that!! Did you find all three Red Circle paintings at the same source/time?

Wow... its my dream to one day own a color pulp piece (a Paul back cover painting would do quite nicely! :cloud9: )

Alright, finally got a chance to take some group shots. Like Ryan, I've found myself being drawn more and more into pulps as comic prices continue to escalate. My main focus right now is on early bedsheet Amazings and Weird Tales with REH cover stories. I still have a long way to go, but here are some of my nicer ones:

AmazingWeirdPulpGroupsm.jpg

Alright, finally got a chance to take some group shots. Like Ryan, I've found myself being drawn more and more into pulps as comic prices continue to escalate. My main focus right now is on early bedsheet Amazings and Weird Tales with REH cover stories. I still have a long way to go, but here are some of my nicer ones:

AmazingWeirdPulpGroupsm.jpg

:o(worship):o(worship):o(worship):o(worship)

I am LOVING that group shot, Theagenes!!! Those are some sweet bedsheets!! The annual, and the first buck rogers are my favs. Well done. They all look to be in really nice shape, with great colors. What condition is your annual in , if you don't mind me asking?

Nice WEIRD's too!! I'm a big Brundage fan!

Your EBR shot is really cool too ... J. Allen St. John = :cloud9:

Thanks Ryan! :)

I would say the Annual is about GD to VG, maybe VG-. It has some small chips on a couple of the corners; pages are a little tan at the edges but not brittle.

The WTs are nice - all FNish. I've been pretty picky with those.

Edited by Theagenes

Thanks Ryan! :)

I would say the Annual is about GD to VG, maybe VG-. It has some small chips on a couple of the corners; pages are a little tan at the edges but not brittle.

The WTs are nice - all FNish. I've been pretty picky with those.

Looks like a nice copy of the annual ... one of my favorite pulps. Would love to have a nice fine copy one day, but who wouldn't.

I have found it really pays to be particular with pulps ... I have been getting rid of my taped spine/bad paper/coupon out issues, and been slowly upgrading. (I mention this because of your "picky" comment re: your WEIRD TALES ... nice looking group!! once you have held a FINE condition pulp in your hand, its tough to go back.)

The few pulps I was waiting for arrived today, so I thought it would be a good opportunity for a shot!

With comics still fetching crazy-high prices, I have been focusing on pulps lately, specifically weird menace-type pulps.

To date i have ten weird menace Red Circle (aka Timely) pulps (bottom two rows), and I finally tracked down copies of DOCTOR DEATH #3 (one of my fav covers), as well as a high grade white paged copy of the SCORPION one shot.

Maybe this will inspire some other pulp group shots? :hi:

WEIRDMENACEgroupshot.jpg

Great seleciton of pulps!

Hi folks, stunning books in this thread! (worship)

While this one's not pristine, or incredibly rare, I thought it would still be fun to share. :grin:

startlingstories.jpg

It's always great to share hot chicks in glass tubes! Great book! (thumbs u

Edit: Just realized those "hot chicks" are cadavers - nevermind! :sick:

Edited by Theagenes

Hi folks, stunning books in this thread! (worship)

While this one's not pristine, or incredibly rare, I thought it would still be fun to share. :grin:

startlingstories.jpg

Welcome, erehwon!

One of my favorite STARTLING's, and credited to Alex Schomburg to boot!!!

(thumbs u