• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,119 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

This short run is well-respected, and when I saw this Wesso cover portrayed in the color section of the new Bookery (pg 181) I knew it was  also a top want issue.

Sure enough there it was on the dealer’s rack, with lovely ow pages too.

FF5D75DC-D0E6-4219-A11A-C4A29008D8BE.jpeg

Steve,

do you still have the same phone number as just tried to b call you and chat and it never rang?

Dwight 

306-531-2211 (cell)

Edited by detective35DF

I have to say. I don’t really consider myself a pulp collector. I have always bought a few here and there and have turned up small groups of more common ones in the wild. I have searched out and paid quite a bit for ones that just floor me. 

I have to say though, I never run into dealers out here with as much and as varied stock as I saw on Sunday. One cool one after another that I’ve never seen then,  gasp, that one! 

Being a comic collector for 50 years, it’s pretty hard to find much I haven’t seen. Pulps are and always have been, just full of discoveries. I haven’t had that much fun at any comic convention in a long time. 

Now am I going to dive down the pulp tunnel headfirst? Probably not, but when given the opportunity to get so many cool ones, yeah, I’m in. I literally spent my entire wallet full with one dealer. I barely had lunch money when so left. I just knew it would be a long time that I will see that many awsome pulps in one place. I am VERY happy with what I got. My only regret is that I didn’t bring more money...:sorry:

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

This short run is well-respected, and when I saw this Wesso cover portrayed in the color section of the new Bookery (pg 181) I knew it was  also a top want issue.

Sure enough there it was on the dealer’s rack, with lovely ow pages too.

FF5D75DC-D0E6-4219-A11A-C4A29008D8BE.jpeg

I didn’t realize that. Probably my favorite cover in my run. I’ve got to pull them out and check them out again. 

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

This is a big one, for me at least. According to Bookery, this classic cover (look closely) book is tied for the most valuable in the entire run. Untrimmed, with ow-w pages.

Contains the noted story The Mole Men Want Your Eyes by Frederick C. Davis.

This horror pulp has it all! :cloud9:

7224B66E-3B40-41CC-A63D-4B66504777D4.jpeg

:whatthe:  Damn, I never saw that or no question it would have been in my pile condition be damned. Big congrats. Easily my favorite of your pile!

38 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

:whatthe:  Damn, I never saw that or no question it would have been in my pile condition be damned. Big congrats. Easily my favorite of your pile!

First book that I pulled out of the boxes(!) Bob, before you got there - couldn’t believe it when I saw it.

Edited by sacentaur