• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,119 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Picked up a few more Amazing Stories bedsheets from Rick’s sales thread yesterday, which inspired me to pull this out.

When I was offered this book a couple of years ago, I wasn’t really a pulp collector and certainly had never paid such a high asking price for one. I contacted RedFury(Todd) for some advice, and he responded back to me quickly. After a few PM’s, his sage advice was - grab it!

Thank You, Todd! :foryou:

B7C4B5BB-861A-4396-B14F-D9BFAF301704.jpeg

Sweet 

19 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Picked up a few more Amazing Stories bedsheets from Rick’s sales thread yesterday, which inspired me to pull this out.

When I was offered this book a couple of years ago, I wasn’t really a pulp collector and certainly had never paid such a high asking price for one. I contacted RedFury(Todd) for some advice, and he responded back to me quickly. After a few PM’s, his sage advice was - grab it!

Thank You, Todd! :foryou:

B7C4B5BB-861A-4396-B14F-D9BFAF301704.jpeg

You're welcome, Steve!  So glad you got it!  It's one of my favorite books. :cloud9:

I think everybody has heard that Windy City Pulp and Paper convention has been postponed until Sept. 11-13, 2020.

100% the correct call by Doug and John as a high number of  pulp collectors that would be attending the show are in the demographics that are most affected by this virus.

Edited by detective35DF

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Was looking through my recent pulp buys and came across some interesting ads. Everybody posts covers and talks about the writers. Anybody pay attention to the old ads?

Don't tell anyone, but I'm buying for a specific artists' interior illustrations. :gossip:

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Was looking through my recent pulp buys and came across some interesting ads. Everybody posts covers and talks about the writers. Anybody pay attention to the old ads?

I love the ads in the old pulps, and old newspapers as well, especially some of the medical quackery - they really give you a sense of the times. 

37 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

These are the first three issues of Amazing Stories Quarterly (1928), Paul covers, surprisingly inexpensive in Bookery. 

Many thanks to RicksNeatStuff once again, I can hardly be happier. :cloud9:

Now if only a solid copy of the 1927 Amazing Stories Annual would come my way...

20925864-1A53-4517-9B90-49C96ADD54E6.jpeg

With a very few exceptions, there isn't that much demand for Amazing Stories among SF fans.  It's beloved as the first SF pulp and a classic name, but for much of its history it's been viewed as a third rate title where stuff that couldn't get published elsewhere, or fringe weirdness, winds up.  I sometimes describe it as I love Amazing Stories because, well, it's Amazing Stories... but in most (not all) cases I don't actually like it very much.

With that said, those are some amazing looking books with wonderful covers!