• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,119 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Honestly pretty jealous @sacentaur @Robot Man and @Hap Hazard but couldn’t have happened for 3 better guys.  Congrats on some sweet pickups. (thumbsu

Thanks Rick! Only half of the day’s haul, will post the other half tomorrow (including a couple pulps you should REALLY like!).

On 3/7/2020 at 8:06 PM, Hap Hazard said:

More pick ups some late issue Black Masks.

Black Mask Nov 1949.jpg

Any chance Norm Saunders was a fan of the Marijuana?:roflmao:

16 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

The Samplers always a great read and true they all seem to have rusty staples.

Out of curiosity, I looked at my run of Arkham Samplers.  Only two of the eight issues had clean staples, the rest were rusty to greater or lesser degree. On some of them it was the only notable flaw in otherwise very nice books. 

6 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Out of curiosity, I looked at my run of Arkham Samplers.  Only two of the eight issues had clean staples, the rest were rusty to greater or lesser degree. On some of them it was the only notable flaw in otherwise very nice books. 

Yes, I have nice copies of the Arkham Samplers as well, but most if not all have rusty staples.  I think it's common on those.

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I haven't received my new pulp price guide yet and not sure if noted. Does anybody have the short list of covers Matt Fox did for Weird Tales?

I think this is complete.

Matt Fox Weird Tales covers

• Nov 1944
  • Jul 1946
  • May 1947
  • Nov 1947
  • May 1948
  • Jul 1948
  • Mar 1949
  • Jul 1949
  • Nov 1949
  • Jan 1950
  • Jul 1950

12 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Part II of acquisitions from the LA Paperback show yesterday.

These early (1927 here) sci-fi bedsheets, with Paul covers, seem comparatively undervalued in nicer condition, but what do I know.

A22C2032-3ED2-455A-B5AB-991962C49998.jpeg

Nice pulp Steve, and nice pickups by everyone at the show!

This was the least expensive book that I picked up at the show - I guess the publisher’s decision to replace a cover image with the table of contents wasn’t too smart after all (duh).

Anyway, this copy is almost newsstand fresh, including white pages, so I could not resist...

0393C927-F15F-43CB-9D4E-DB51F4DCE40D.jpeg

3 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

I've been slowly working on the Jungle Stories run here are a few more from the LA Paperback show.

# 3 Fall 1939, Spring 1940 and Win 1940

Jungle Stories Fall 1939.jpg

Jungle Stories Spring 1940.jpg

Jungle Stories Win 1940.jpg

Nice ones Hap. Between you, me and another guy, we probably cleaned him out of Jungles. I picked up these two. I collect the bondage and comic book swipe ones. One I might have but at the price who cares...

They both look familiar. Are either one of these comic book swipe covers?

pulpjunglestoriesspring48.jpg

pulpjunglestoriessummer48.jpg