• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,137 posts in this topic

What are 'bedsheets"?

Mike

Oversized pulps. They are bigger than standard comic books but smaller than large size Jumbo or Master. Early on some pulps were bedsheet size and then went to regular-size while some did the opposite going from regular size to bedsheet (like Detective Fiction Weekly and Adventure for a short while). Most early bedsheets are saddle-bound (?) (think Dell Giant) while later ones are stapled as they weren't as thick.

Here's another bedsheet example -

83448.jpg.0969ce4859731822c8bd1da598d688d6.jpg

How about that! I didn't know there was such a difference in size. (Beautiful books BTW!)

Funny that this thread would get bumped so much lately, as I've been flirting with pulps in a big way the last week or so. Now that I'm looking for Schomburg airbrush covers, it seems a short step to some of the cooler (yet reasonably affordable) sci-fi/GGA pulp covers.

How about that! I didn't know there was such a difference in size. (Beautiful books BTW!)

Funny that this thread would get bumped so much lately, as I've been flirting with pulps in a big way the last week or so. Now that I'm looking for Schomburg airbrush covers, it seems a short step to some of the cooler (yet reasonably affordable) sci-fi/GGA pulp covers.

With your collecting interests and tastes I'm surprise you haven't delved into pulps already. :)

Here are one bedsheet size DFW and one regular size one -

I'm starting to think that collecting "gas mask" covers would be a pretty cool theme. hm

heh... I was thinking the same thing!

With your collecting interests and tastes I'm surprise you haven't delved into pulps already. :)

Very true. hm I guess I've tried to resist for a while, as I collect too many different GA niches already, and there's an impossible number of cool pulps out there.

Just dipping my toe in the water for now...we'll see. :whistle: