• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,137 posts in this topic

Some more pics of the Flash Gordon Strange Adventures pulp. One thing that is interesting is that it is saddle-stitched format rather than squarebound. Also it has a number of full page, color illustrations by Fred Meagher (who does his best to mimic Raymond). Supposedly, this pulp was published without the permission of King Features and is basically a bootleg.

FlashGordonPulpint01.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint02.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint03.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint04.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint05.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint06.jpg

Here is the ad for the second issue which was never published (no doubt because of a Cease and Desist from King Features. :) )

FlashGordonPulpint07.jpg

Wonderful illustrations! Thanks for taking the pictures. (thumbs u

Thanks for the pictures. :applause:

When I had my copy it was CGC'd, so I never had a chance to view the insides. Love the Shark Men.

I was wondering if it could be slabbed, since it's not squarebound. Was it magazine tier?

Some more pics of the Flash Gordon Strange Adventures pulp. One thing that is interesting is that it is saddle-stitched format rather than squarebound. Also it has a number of full page, color illustrations by Fred Meagher (who does his best to mimic Raymond). Supposedly, this pulp was published without the permission of King Features and is basically a bootleg.

FlashGordonPulpint01.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint02.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint03.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint04.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint05.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint06.jpg

Here is the ad for the second issue which was never published (no doubt because of a Cease and Desist from King Features. :) )

FlashGordonPulpint07.jpg

:o(worship)

FlashGordonPulpint01.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint02.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint03.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint04.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint05.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint06.jpg

FlashGordonPulpint07.jpg

:o(worship)

Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing these pictures.

That is SUPER COOL Theagenes !! It must have been a thrill the first time you laid eyes on those beautiful color pics

Thanks guys! (thumbs u

BZ, Thanks for the link - I didn't realize Meagher did Straight Arrow. Did you ever post your copy? I remember you mentioning you had one but I don't remember seeing it - I bet it's sweet. :)

I posted a pic of it sometime back.

Structurally my copy is in great shape but, unfortunately, the front cover has a crease down the middle. :censored:

You'd think after paying 10¢ for a magazine, the original owner would have taken better care of it. lol

flashgordonpulp.jpg

Do you have any more details about the pulp being published without the permission of King Features?

I posted a pic of it sometime back.

Structurally my copy is in great shape but, unfortunately, the front cover has a crease down the middle. :censored:

You'd think after paying 10¢ for a magazine, the original owner would have taken better care of it. lol

flashgordonpulp.jpg

Do you have any more details about the pulp being published without the permission of King Features?

Subscription copy maybe?

Love the cover art! Here's one that's cool, robot cover and Hitler reference.

Ken

weirdtales07-41.jpg

Seems like a precursor to I Robot, Space Odyssey and Matrix robots rebel stuff. How early did robots start turning on humans in literature - as soon as the genre began?

(Great Weird Tales cover by the way. Lovecraft, Hitler and robots, even the content is awesome.)