• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,137 posts in this topic

those Red Circles are sick, man. figuratively (i.e.: over the top cool to see all together like that) and literally (sadiiiiiiiiiiiistic pulps, dude.) congrats!!! NOT easy to put together a sample like that!! Interestingly enough, I see in your wants that we are telekinetically (or something) linked - AMF is one of my favorite non-horror titles (I used to have a lot of them) and SAX likewise for pulps. I bow deeply to your impeccable taste, sir.

BTW, I found that the "sand hog" AMF cover (V2#4 I think) was far and away the hardest to get. I looked for years, the only ones I found were the Mile High (forget it) and JBerk's copy. At the time I would have paid 5X Guide gladly for a G-VG. YOu got one?

So Mr.Myst has joined the boards after bidding against me more times than I care to remember. Here's a pulpy pulp I hope you like.

mystery.jpg

Comixnoir, that is a GREAT pulp. I have wanted that one for a while. It ain't easy.

Congrats!

Thnx Ryan

I found this buried on a weekly Heritage auction and got it for a decent price. Who knew?

So Mr.Myst has joined the boards after bidding against me more times than I care to remember. Here's a pulpy pulp I hope you like.

mystery.jpg

Comixnoir, that is a GREAT pulp. I have wanted that one for a while. It ain't easy.

Congrats!

Thnx Ryan

I found this buried on a weekly Heritage auction and got it for a decent price. Who knew?

What a great cover! Right down to the tattoos on the midgit's arms! Terrific! :applause:

those Red Circles are sick, man. figuratively (i.e.: over the top cool to see all together like that) and literally (sadiiiiiiiiiiiistic pulps, dude.) congrats!!! NOT easy to put together a sample like that!! Interestingly enough, I see in your wants that we are telekinetically (or something) linked - AMF is one of my favorite non-horror titles (I used to have a lot of them) and SAX likewise for pulps. I bow deeply to your impeccable taste, sir.

I owe you guys a more up-to-date group shot of my Red Circles... Out of the titles I am focusing on (Marvel Science Stories (and the variations of that run), Uncanny Tales, Uncanny Stories, Mystery Tales, Real Mystery Magazine), I only need three more issues to complete those runs.

Sounds like we are on the same page MrMyst... and thanks for your compliments! I need to post my AMF recent group (I'm about 5 shy of the run)... the SAX title has been SLOW going. Seems really tough to find those in grade.

Unbelievable Pulps! (worship)

Close-up pic of that Complete Detective please? :wishluck:

Thanks Jayman... fortunately I took a pic of that COMPLETE DETECTIVE. Man, those Red Circle detective pulps are almost as elusive as the weird menace ones...

Pretty good for a black cover pulp... not too many color breaking creases.

IMGP3251.jpg

Group shots of my Red Circle weird menace runs (not quite complete)...

IMGP3247.jpg

IMGP3248.jpg

The MARVEL run is completed (as is DR. DEATH, published by Dell) :

IMGP3250.jpg

Wow, Ryan, you've been busy putting these together. Congrats. :applause:

Thanks Fuel. I have been watching/collecting them for years, but most of those pulps really came together in the last year or so. I think the pulp market has gone pretty soft with the economic downturn, and pulps seem to be the first things people liquidate. (you would know, being a pulp dealer)

I have been fortunate to pick up many with great PQ!