• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,137 posts in this topic

Nice Flash Gordon Theagenes,

I was the under bidder and had I realized that you needed one, I would have laid off it completely, because I have a killer one in my own collection. If there are other pulps you are looking for, let me know because I am looking at a few pulp collections now.

Dwight

Edited by detective35DF

Nice Flash Gordon Theagenes,

I was the under bidder and had I realized that you needed one, I would have laid off it completely, because I have a killer one in my own collection. If there are other pulps you are looking for, let me know because I am looking at a few pulp collections now.

Dwight

So it was your fault I paid so much! :slapfight:

Just kidding - It actually went for a good bit less than what I set my snipe for so I was very happy with what I got it for. I wasn't letting this one get away. :)

Took a chance on a Ebay collection that Really payed off!!

180 total issues.

Holy #*$#*! Nice collection! (worship)

No Kidding!!! :o Whats the PQ like on those babies??

Im in the process of looking them over, but from What I Have seen thus far, I would make an early Estimate of VG/FINE [Pulp Terms] with CRM/OW pages average.

A few a little less, but many nicer.

Took a chance on a Ebay collection that Really payed off!!

180 total issues.

Holy #*$#*! Nice collection! (worship)

No Kidding!!! :o Whats the PQ like on those babies??

Im in the process of looking them over, but from What I Have seen thus far, I would make an early Estimate of VG/FINE [Pulp Terms] with CRM/OW pages average.

A few a little less, but many nicer.

Does this complete your collection then?

Well it would have been real close to completing my Robert E Howard Weird Tales appearances thats for sure! I have Owned/ and or own all the Keys including R.E.H.s first published work. [WT 7/25]

But I never hold on to Most Items very Long and Like the Pulps I have sold these also will be sent on to Collectors homes!

Well it would have been real close to completing my Robert E Howard Weird Tales appearances thats for sure! I have Owned/ and or own all the Keys including R.E.H.s first published work. [WT 7/25]

But I never hold on to Most Items very Long and Like the Pulps I have sold these also will be sent on to Collectors homes!

Can't wait for that sales thread :applause:

hm

The problem with pulps is that they are hard to come by in the wild these days.

The pulp community is so small (PulpFest this past weekend, the largest pulp con was exstatic (sp?) to have 400 attendees in Columbus) that the best way is through other collectors.

Second, the best way is to attend pulp shows then eBay then dealers unless you're looking for specific items then I'd say network, dealers, shows then eBay.

You should go ahead and join the PulpMags Yahoo! mailing list too.

I would love to make it to one of the pulp cons some day. I've done very well on ebay, but as always it's a crapshoot. I much prefer to buy from other collectors and I've gotten some great books from fellow boardies.

Heritage sometimes has good pulps in their signature auctions, but buying raw (as all pulps are) from them has become as hit-or-miss as ebay. Check out http://thepulp.net/ for loads of info including lists of dealers.

Mike, what are you thinking about collecting? just curious.

I would love to make it to one of the pulp cons some day. I've done very well on ebay, but as always it's a crapshoot. I much prefer to buy from other collectors and I've gotten some great books from fellow boardies.

Heritage sometimes has good pulps in their signature auctions, but buying raw (as all pulps are) from them has become as hit-or-miss as ebay. Check out http://thepulp.net/ for loads of info including lists of dealers.

Last year I bought and read the three volumes of recent Conan reprints in softcover. I then bought the Kull and Bran reprints which I also liked. This got me thinking about buying some of the originals and I started looking into Weird Tales of which I have now purchased 5 issues. I also noticed that Lovecraft, another author I enjoy, wrote for Weird Tales. At the same time I have become aware that ERB wrote for the pulps, but I haven't looked into any of his material.

I've also noticed a lot of really great covers in this thread which might be of interest. I have purchased a number of Fiction House 40s comics over the years based on the covers.

As you can see, I am pretty new at this, but for the moment will probably focus on Weird Tales, some other adventure stuff like ERB and now and then a cover I really like. Who knows where it will all lead, but as many people in this thread have mentioned, comics are starting to become really expensive for GA and anything newer isn't really a challenge to find.

Mike

Last year I bought and read the three volumes of recent Conan reprints in softcover. I then bought the Kull and Bran reprints which I also liked. This got me thinking about buying some of the originals and I started looking into Weird Tales of which I have now purchased 5 issues. I also noticed that Lovecraft, another author I enjoy, wrote for Weird Tales. At the same time I have become aware that ERB wrote for the pulps, but I haven't looked into any of his material.

I've also noticed a lot of really great covers in this thread which might be of interest. I have purchased a number of Fiction House 40s comics over the years based on the covers.

As you can see, I am pretty new at this, but for the moment will probably focus on Weird Tales, some other adventure stuff like ERB and now and then a cover I really like. Who knows where it will all lead, but as many people in this thread have mentioned, comics are starting to become really expensive for GA and anything newer isn't really a challenge to find.

Mike

Sounds you're looking to collect exaclty the same stuff I'm interested in. Wait until I'm done! :slapfight:lol

Mike

Sounds you're looking to collect exaclty the same stuff I'm interested in. Wait until I'm done! :slapfight:lol

lol! I have to say the same thing, hold off! :grin:

I haven't added anything lately (need to change that) to my thread, but check it out for some ERB pulps and related items! :headbang:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2686522

Here is a pulp I picked recently, the 2nd app. of Buck Rogers and the 1st Cover app.

scan0010-1.jpg

Very fun book. :applause:

I should work on completing my Amazing Stories bedsheet issues.............. :cloud9: