• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where have you found your GA treasures

45 posts in this topic

Thanks loads for posting those Bill! I know they've been posted before, but I love looking at those shots.

Something about seeing all those raw books stacked high does something to me ... :cloud9:

ok, those pics moved me a "little"

Thanks loads for posting those Bill! I know they've been posted before, but I love looking at those shots.

Something about seeing all those raw books stacked high does something to me ... :cloud9:

ok, those pics moved me a "little"

Sweet Mother Of God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* I need that one and that one...and OH...look THIS one... just beautiful, much nicer than looking at shoes..;) : :):cloud9:(worship)

lol

I have managed to get a few from BZ's basement (G-check the back window lock by the 4ft pulp rack! you might want to look into getting it fixed), Bedrocks private stock while he was outside smoking....some from Parkers dining room table (again, had to bribe his way to cute daughter to distract him)...

I was at an estate sale in NY last year....Crippin or something like that...but nothing of interest so I left empty handed...they mentioned something about funny books for a dime a piece, but I couldn't be bothered with potential drek

Couldn't be bothered to fly to Colorado a few decades back, either?

funny thing happened...I got a call in Nov of 1976 from a Wilma Church...she mentioned something about comic books, but my van was in the shop, and they weren't willing to bring them to me, so yes, I passed ...and thank goodness I did...what would I have done with 18,000 Golden Age comics books...I only collect modern gems

:roflmao:

for those of you that don't know what I look like...um.... here is a picture of me taken very recently, with a little haul I found at my local YMCA stuck (litterally) in a smelly locker...

actioncollection.jpg

for those of you that don't know what I look like...um.... here is a picture of me taken very recently, with a little haul I found at my local YMCA stuck (litterally) in a smelly locker...

det27ymca1.jpg

:whistle:

FANTASTIC! I showed my wife and she laughed outloud!

then, she gave me that "look", like , where "were" you last night... hm

det27ymca1.jpg

:whistle:

lol That serves you right for identity theft

Awesome pics, Bill. :applause:

Were all those books from one original owner collection?

Two separate collections actually. The one with the big stacks was from an old time collector, Chuck McCleary, we called it the "More Fun Collection" which contained about 2400 golden age books, the other one came from Leonard Brown's personal collection (of Collector's Bookstore fame). Steve Geppi purchased the entire collection that came from Leonard. The More Fun batch was sold over time at shows and through my shops.

actioncollection.jpg

God, I don't know why I used to wear that mustache? That collection was brought in to my comic store in 1996 from the original owner. Seems like forever ago.

actioncollection.jpg

God, I don't know why I used to wear that mustache? That collection was brought in to my comic store in 1996 from the original owner. Seems like forever ago.

WOW verry cool pic

actioncollection.jpg

am I correct in noticing that there is no Action #13 in that run ? strange how that issue would be missing.

actioncollection.jpg

am I correct in noticing that there is no Action #13 in that run ? strange how that issue would be missing.

What's the story around Action #13?