• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first comic?

311 posts in this topic

The first comic I ever bought was Marvel Super-Heroes #45, a reprint of TTA #90. Both Subby and the Hulk take beatings, so I don't think that issue sparked my comics fire. I think instead it was Fantastic Four #93. My older neighbor had just bought it and he had it displayed majesticly on a music stand.

Yep. That's the one that got me.

The first book I bought with my own money was Incredible Hulk 181.... Then I remember buying a ASM 129 that had the coolest cover I had ever seen. The store was literally a 45 second walk from the school yard. ASM 129 is still my all time favorite book. Though I have gotten into The Spectre as of late...

nearly 17 years ago, Price Club/Costco used to sell packs of comics from DC. You got like, 50 for 10 bucks I think. One Sunday morning my parent's picked me up from religious school, and my dad handed me a pack of DC comics. The first comic I opened was Batman (I was obsessed with the Adam West Batman and the Tim Burton movies as a young child) since hey, Batman was, and has been, the man,

My mom bought me Secret Wars #1 and she ended up getting me the whole set. The first book I bought with my own money was The Killing Joke. Batman ever since.

I remember reading Star Wars, Ghost Rider, and the Micronauts when I was very young (1979-1980). Around 1983 my Mother bought my first subscriptions for me (Uncanny X-Men and the Amazing Spider-Man). The rest, as they say, is history.

Sadly I don't know the first comic I read or the first comic I owned. It wasn't that big a deal to me when I was a kid and so I made no effort then or later to remember. :sorry:

I remember well,,, I was home sick and my mother brought me home Avengers 132 and the Giant Size Avengers that continued the story. How she knew to bring both I don't know but from there i had to read more and more.