• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first comic?

311 posts in this topic

Deadpool #3. I don't know if I still have it anymore.

Jerome

Scratch that, it was Transformers #1. My parents got it for me along with Soundwave. Both of which they found at a bowling alley, if thats any indication as to how big transformers were back then. I had to sell my lot of 'em (for over $2K :D) to get my AF15.

Jerome

I cannot remember my absolute first comic, as my parents had been buying them for me since i was about 5.

However, the first comic that i bought with my own money, was Batman: The Killing Joke

I remember it vividly and still have it in my collection.

What a way to start your collection huh?

My first comic book was a Metal Men issue in 1966. I can't remember the issue number but it got me hooked! Shortly after I bought a Fantastic Four issue and after that I became a Marvel fan and didn't by a DC book for years.

When I first read comics I read the Dandy and Beano ( British kids stuff ).

I can remember being off school ill and my dad came in from work and gave me a Superboy comic.

I tried to read it but thought it was rubbish and put it away.

A year or so later I came across it and read it and it blew my mind.

After this I could no longer read Dandys and Beanos.

Since then I have collected and enjoyed all titles from most publishers but I always remember the comic that started me off.

I was 8 years old when this was published.

My first comic.

Superboy179.jpg

I can remember being off school ill and my dad came in from work and gave me a Superboy comic.

Since then I have collected and enjoyed all titles from most publishers but I always remember the comic that started me off.

My first comic.

Superboy179.jpg

I should clarify - the Swamp Thing 10 was the first U.S. comic book that I bought, which (as it turned out) made me the addict I am now. Like yourself, I read all the British stuff and I distinctly remember reading this book and how disturbing the storyline was (of course it's tame now, but I was about the same age as you when it was published).

Not sure what the first comic I ever read was, or the first American one. But the '70s were a good time to be getting into the U.S. stuff.

My first comic.

Superboy179.jpg

I should clarify - the Swamp Thing 10 was the first U.S. comic book that I bought, which (as it turned out) made me the addict I am now. Like yourself, I read all the British stuff and I distinctly remember reading this book and how disturbing the storyline was (of course it's tame now, but I was about the same age as you when it was published).

Not sure what the first comic I ever read was, or the first American one. But the '70s were a good time to be getting into the U.S. stuff.

You are correct about the storyline in this book, it was especially bad for me as I had no back story before this and I did find it quite shocking, but I was still hooked....forever. :insane: