• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first comic?

311 posts in this topic

when i was little, my mom bought me a 25 cent comic from the bargain bin at the comic book/coin shop downtown where my grandpa bought coins. this started before i could remember, but i believe i still own my first comic. i think it was francis:brother of the universe #1. the first "new" comic she bought me was batman #428. i saw it and had to have it, even though it wasn't in the bargain bin. she gave me a hard time about the price but gave in. i still have that comic too :)

I seem to remember it was a Modern Comics reprint of the Many Ghosts of

Dr Graves.The first comic I ever bought at a "comicbookshop"was Tales to Astonish

93,for two dollars in 1989....Oh,to be twelve again, and to have bought all the CHEAP

SA in sight!

can't remember my 1st, but I do recall a few early SA Marvels bought off the wall...X-Men #6 in VG for $10 (back in 1985)...and at a small hotel con (circa 1987) I remember trading about 20 SA Marvels (low grade '64-'66) for a FF #8 in VG...that was my first SA FF and a grail for me at that time :cloud9: