• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I actually can't take credit of the design of the frame. The previous owner had it framed and when I bought it, I asked it be shipped without the glass (and the other hardware disassembled). When I got it, I gave it to the framer and asked for museum glass and included all the bits and voila! Framed masterpiece.

Malvin

Here is my room with my framed art. The link in my signature is my CAF page with details of these art:

aCIMG1473.jpg

This is my main art. The Jock Detective Cover is above the door because the light reflects or comes out of the glass like a mirror so it helps that the cover is mostly white in the bottom part so not much to look at.

aCIMG1455.jpg

Superman interior pages on top - Andru/Byrne, Byrne/Giordano, and Swan/Anderson. On the bottom are Filipino artists from local comics.

aCIMG1482.jpg

Very nifty job, but I put fold-in, fold-out descriptions of the art with images of the cover and interior page of the comic. They can be hidden and folded behind the frame. I just wanted this for people who would ask.

aCIMG1488.jpg

For those that care to know, the Filipino artists from L-R are: Malang, Tony Velasquez, and Nestor Redondo.

aCIMG1486.jpg

Leinil Yu and Gerry Alanguilan on Avengers vs. Ultimates, Garcia-Lopez on this Superman Style Guide.

aCIMG1484.jpg

Gil Kane cover pencils for Action 544, 45th anniversary issue, and Detective 876 by Jock.

aCIMG1485.jpg

Top (L-R): Tom Mandrake DC Retro Batman cover, Matt Wagner Batman 639 cover, Neal Adams Batman Splash, Schaffenberger/Alcala Smallville splash, Byrne Action 595 splash. Bottom (L-R): Greg LaRocque DC Retro Flash splash, George Perez Infinite Crisis cover, Dan Decarlo Jughead cover, then two Aragones Groo pieces.

I'd say my centerpieces are the Infinite Crisis cover which has to be near the couch so it is easy to view the details of this intricately woven cover, and the Wagner Batman cover which is my only painted cover and so beautifully crafted.