• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why did I sell it thread.....

24 posts in this topic

Hey Andrew, Don't dwell on them, you won't get any sleep. Focus on all the good that will come from the sacrifice!

And I'm with Bill, I have sold WAY too many great books (Like that tec Joker Bill just bought from me... :frustrated:) Maybe he'll still have it at pons-con 2009....

I can't regret "any" sale, because in each instance there was a reason I needed to sell...so, the ends, had to of justified the means, or I would still be in possession....

Why did I sell these 2 books....

Plus why did I grade this one a 7.5. This is one sale I wish a could take back.

Beware11-1.jpg

Beware11back.jpg

These is one tough book and a nice grade to price. WHY did I sell?

ChillingTales16.jpg

I think you graded it a 7.5 because you're a fair and honest grader. I used to regret selling certain books, until I realised that they were only pieces of decaying paper that I had already enjoyed and it was time to give someone else a chance. I like selling to collectors who will cherish a book even more than I do. There's onlt one book I will never sell and that's a Pep 32 that I owned as kid and re-aquired 9 years ago.

...I used to regret selling certain books, until I realised that they were only pieces of decaying paper that I had already enjoyed and it was time to give someone else a chance. I like selling to collectors who will cherish a book even more than I do...

Andrew, those were two NICE copies of a couple tougher issues, but I really like & agree with what BH had to say about the matter. (thumbs u

I've sold so many great books-some within weeks after buying them-that I could fill a fifty page thread with the stories. But there was always a good reason to sell, and in most cases, I don't regret the decision at all. But I still wish I had some of the great Batman and Detectives I used to own. :(

Beware11-1.jpg

Beware11back.jpg

ChillingTales16.jpg

You sold these so you could sleep at night without waking up at every creak in the house. Those are extra creepy! :o

Beware11-1.jpg

Beware11back.jpg

ChillingTales16.jpg

well, since it looks like you need some help rationalizing it, i'd say the first was both ratty and pimply and needed to be shucked, and on the second one you prefer brunettes? hope i've given you some valuable coping skills here.

If I started posting my regrets here, this thread would be the longest in board history.....

i woke up last night at 4:12 a.m. screaming "TWILIGHT, TWILIGHT!"

aw, come on, that twilight copy was a 2nd printing anyway :baiting: