• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are there so few World's Finest collectors?
2 2

186 posts in this topic

I always wondered why the title attracted so little excitement. The Superman title and batman title was always in demand when sold seperately. Put the two together and ?????????????

Maybe a movie teamup will help?

Maybe a scan will help??

worldsbestcomics1vgfcgc.jpg

Jay

i must say i love them . batman ,superman and robin together. and robin is mostly beating the both of them , just look at the covers ;) .go robin.

a big auction house has a nice bunch of them right now and if nobody wants, then i get them for a good price. hihi

just that you now 71,72,73 are going to be mine!!!

World's Finest may not be as popular as the pure Batman/Superman titles, but any high grade copies that emerge for sale always appear to go well over guide. I suspect the demand for high grade copies will continue to outstrip supply, no matter how little interest the title deems to have.

i must say i love them . batman ,superman and robin together. and robin is mostly beating the both of them , just look at the covers ;) .go robin.

a big auction house has a nice bunch of them right now and if nobody wants, then i get them for a good price. hihi

Those books are going to get some serious competition, that is a nice looking 5.5 on the 71.

You seem to imply that the typical Superman only collector is uninterested in World's Finest as is the typical Batman only collector. Is this the case?

You've focused in on the demand end of the equation. As a collector, I'm willing to pay for short supply but I'm very reluctant to pay for high demand. How plentiful are Silver Age World's Finest comics relative to Superman and Batman comics?

From my experience 60% or so of Superman collectors are interested in World's Finest. A much smaller percentage of Batman collectors are interested in World's Finest (other than the Joker covers). From 100 on there are no rare or scarce issues, though some from 100 - 140 or so are tough in grade.

The issues that skypinkblu talked about earlier, and particularly 50 - 70 are incredibly tough to find, and near impossible in grade. These issues are the only ones of the entire run that I would consider "over guide" books (with the exception of ultra-high grade slabbed).

I will agree here...I am 2 books short (60 and 64) of completing the run from 50-80....and, to find "any" copy is sometimes an accomplishment (I Have yet to find a gd or better 60 and 64)...but, in high grade, you are looking at big money, as even a small demand outweighs a much smaller supply

Those books are going to get some serious competition, that is a nice looking 5.5 on the 71.

I paid well over guide for my 6.5 cgc blue #71, so it will be fun to watch the bidding on this one

I paid well over guide for my 6.5 cgc blue #71, so it will be fun to watch the bidding on this one

count me in :gossip:

wfgsr-1.jpg

Impressive! Though I'd take the CGC out of the plastic sleeve for the picture. (thumbs u

yeah, that pic was taken about 1 1/2 years ago, I have learned since then, and added all but 60 and 64 to the group....28 out of 30 ain't bad, but man, they are tough to find!

wfgsr-1.jpg

Impressive! Though I'd take the CGC out of the plastic sleeve for the picture. (thumbs u

yeah, that pic was taken about 1 1/2 years ago, I have learned since then, and added all but 60 and 64 to the group....28 out of 30 ain't bad, but man, they are tough to find!

Great books :applause:

wfgsr-1.jpg

I can really appreciate that as I have been trying to get those issues myself. Those late 15 centers are so cool!

I have made little progress though, just these:

wf57.jpg

wf65.jpg

Both have nice pages and the 65 is a Superman origin issue. :cloud9:

same reason why Peter Parker Spectacular Spiderman and Marvel Team-Up are much cheaper than their ASM counterpart issues.

Honestly, only a $10 difference in NM- between some of the books doesn't seem like much. In terms of actualy market prices I think it's bigger.