• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are there so few World's Finest collectors?
2 2

186 posts in this topic

there are still some of world's finest missing in the cgc census. of course all those ones are in some private collection (before "somebody" tells me that), but maybe the are harder to find these days.

I love World's Finest! As primarily a Superman collector, I consider it a must have title. Some very cool covers and fun stories...here are some of the ones I have scanned. I am missing about 9 issues to have 90-225 complete.

th_wf57.jpgth_wf65.jpgth_wf85.jpgth_wf86.jpgth_wf90.jpg

th_wf91.jpgth_wf93.jpgth_wf94.jpgth_wf97.jpgth_wf99.jpg

th_wf100.jpgth_wf101.jpgth_wf102.jpgth_wf104.jpgth_wf105.jpg

th_wf107.jpgth_wf109.jpgth_wf110.jpgth_wf111.jpgth_wf112.jpg

th_wf113.jpgth_wf114.jpgth_wf115.jpgth_wf116.jpgth_wf117.jpg

th_wf118.jpgth_wf119.jpgth_wf120.jpgth_wf121.jpgth_wf122.jpg

th_wf123.jpgth_wf124.jpgth_wf125.jpgth_wf126.jpgth_wf130.jpg

th_wf138.jpgth_wf139.jpgth_wf142.jpgth_wf150.jpg

Wow, that's an impressive collection!

I also picked up Batman: 30s to the 70s and Superman: 30s to the 70s when I was in about third grade.

Those books went a long way towards getting me to start collecting comics in middle school.

The one weird thing about the Batman book is you come away thinking that Killer Moth is a major villain.

I LOVE the multi-superhero DC anthology titles - Adventure Comics and World's Finest Comics being two prime examples. These two titles are a lot of fun to read and collect (although the reading can be hampered by all that dang plastic :insane:)

Here are some of the post-code issues in my collection...

worldsfinest76.jpg

WorldsFinest78.jpg

worldsfinest79.jpg

WorldsFinest80.jpg

WorldsFinest83.jpg

WorldsFinest91.jpg

worldsfinest94.jpg

worldsfinest100-1.jpg

worldsfinest101.jpg

I've always loved the cover of #83. From the days when comics weren't afraid to be comics!

I also have a thing for bright pink covers and #91 does the job for me on that score.

(thumbs u

Looks like I changed some photobucket links and broke some stuff, guess I can just re-post then lol

here are a couple:

wf90.jpg

Cool! I'm a fan of any cover featuring Batwoman, Bat-Girl or Bat-Hound! That dour killjoy Julius Schwartz eliminated those characters in 1964 upon becoming editor of the Batman titles.

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

I LOVE the multi-superhero DC anthology titles - Adventure Comics and World's Finest Comics being two prime examples. These two titles are a lot of fun to read and collect (although the reading can be hampered by all that dang plastic :insane:)

Here are some of the post-code issues in my collection...

worldsfinest76.jpg

WorldsFinest78.jpg

worldsfinest79.jpg

WorldsFinest80.jpg

WorldsFinest83.jpg

WorldsFinest91.jpg

worldsfinest94.jpg

worldsfinest100-1.jpg

worldsfinest101.jpg

wonderful to see these issues posted together!

wf91.jpg

I have wondered why WF #91 is less scarce than all the issues around it?

A simple answer would be about differing print runs but that seems unlikely to me.

Unless it's just that I happen to have seen more of #91 than other numbers around it!

Edited by steelcity

Looks like I changed some photobucket links and broke some stuff, guess I can just re-post then lol

here are a couple:

wf90.jpg

Cool! I'm a fan of any cover featuring Batwoman, Bat-Girl or Bat-Hound! That dour stick-in-the-mud Julius Schwartz eliminated those characters in 1964 upon becoming editor of the Batman titles.

(thumbs u

Great cover, but it does give the impression that the Batcave is a rather conspicuous mound out in the open somewhere with only a few feet of top soil covering it!