• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are there so few World's Finest collectors?
2 2

186 posts in this topic

I love those.

Most are campy camp but they still make for a good read.

And i had seen that website with all the Robin from left or right bottom corner

covers,but this just takes the cake.

How many covers like that are there in this title alone ?

Poor Robin,relegated to that one expression of constant amazement and when he does talk like on WF 94,he says stuff like " Gosh Batman,is that the famous Superman ? "

Poor,poor Robin.

I can see how every action gets a reaction kind of thing,but he sure gets the most out of his Robin the boy " wonder " title doesnt he ?

Thank you much for posting all of those,folks.

Edited by montrealfilmguy

I loved this title as a kid.

I still need about 50 issues between 1-90 to be complete though.

These dont turn up that often in the UK, so currently only get maybe 2 issues a year.

WorldsFinest.jpg

Fantastic, Kevin. I especially love the 1940 New York World's Fair. :applause:

I love this cover. Three different foes are blasting Superman with colored light beams, and poor Robin is getting the worst of it. :devil:

That'll teach him to wear shorts when he's out fighting crime!

Here are scans of five more of my World's Finest Comics:

02-07-201260857PM.jpg

02-07-201260901PM.jpg

02-07-201260903PM.jpg

02-07-201260907PM.jpg

02-07-201260910PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

I'm not a fan of the pre-New Look 1960s Batman, so I can't help you there, but some people do chase certain of those books.

I am. I thought the New Look Julius Schwartz Batman lost the charm he got from his far out adventures and added nothing, until Neal Adams gave him a measure of edginess in the late sixties.

Part of the reason is that I was no fan of the way Carmine Infantino drew Batman. I loved his work on Flash and Adam Strange but his Batman looked somehow wimpy.

rantrant

I'll take the opposite side on this one. I loved Infantino's Batman (as well as Flash and Adam Strange). The arrival of Neal Adams AND a price increase to 15 cents spelled the end of this then ten-year old's new comic purchases - with the exception of the reprint giants.

I detested Neal Adam's work compared to the wonderful art (especially covers) by Infantino, Swan, Anderson etc. Still can't future out why DC dumped all of these great artists. It devastated me. rantrant