• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the internet bidding ends for Heritage

221 posts in this topic

George we are still waiting to hear if you won any of those pre hero Tecs :popcorn:

i am sure he won the ones he was after (thumbs u

Won them and then grabbed dinner - Tecs #2, 18 and #35 at crazy prices that only a collector would pay :tonofbricks:

You wouldn't happen to have an undercopy of the 2...?

I think I won this...and I don't care that it's restored, I no longer need a centerfold:) (now I'll have to start listing, or my daughter is not having a wedding;)sensation1.jpg

Great book!

I, however, have been shut-out yet again..... :sorry:

The streak continues..... :frustrated:

I think I won this...and I don't care that it's restored, I no longer need a centerfold:) (now I'll have to start listing, or my daughter is not having a wedding;)sensation1.jpg

Great book!

I, however, have been shut-out yet again..... :sorry:

The streak continues..... :frustrated:

But you have a great house, George:) so, you won there:)

George we are still waiting to hear if you won any of those pre hero Tecs :popcorn:

Won them and then grabbed dinner - Tecs #2, 18 and #35 at crazy prices that only a collector would pay :tonofbricks:

Sorry no - paid a mad price because I needed one.

I'm not an addict honest.................

Thanks Sharon, I appreciate it.

I guess I'm fine with getting shut-out, I just refuse to overpay for books (no matter how cool they are), when there are so many great bargains to be had in the Comiclink or Bill Hughes auctions and via ebay.....

If I've learned one thing while collecting High grade GA, its how to be patient....besides, I own several books that were once sold in a Signature Auction that I picked up for 50-70% of the original Heritage price. Which just goes to show how emotion and fevered bidding drives up the prices well beyond where they should really be....

You can quite anytime you want to ......

The first step towards recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

Thanks Sharon, I appreciate it.

I guess I'm fine with getting shut-out, I just refuse to overpay for books (no matter how cool they are), when there are so many great bargains to be had in the Comiclink or Bill Hughes auctions and via ebay.....

If I've learned one thing while collecting High grade GA, its how to be patient....

I don't collect high grade...I was looking at a horrid - book on Ebay and I had made the seller a more than fair offer for the detached centerfold and he didn't want to sell it unless he sold the whole waterdamaged book..so, I tossed up a prayer bid;)

I'm happy with any kind of books, and I am an addict;)

but it's better than smoking:)

I think I won this...and I don't care that it's restored, I no longer need a centerfold:) (now I'll have to start listing, or my daughter is not having a wedding;)

Great book Sharon (worship)

Thank you, and congrats on yours! I look forward to seeing the pictures:) so I can faint;)

Because of the final price of the Tec 29 being $21,500.. I'm wondering how much my Tec #31 CGC 7.5 slight resto. is worth..

I saw it up on clink, but no action (shrug) maybe put it in their next auction?

Yep, surprised there is no action on the book.. It's ok, I don't mind keeping it longer :cloud9:

The auction bidding on the Adventure 67 was only at $12k (with BP). I was actually thinking I might pick it up for around $13k or so. I can't believe the final hammer price after live event. All I have to say is WOW!

Well I lost out on the Daring Mystery #6 that I really wanted. I was bidding on the phone for that one but couldn't go above the $1,500 (not counting BP) that it went for :( but it looks like I won Master Comics #7 while bidding on HA Live :)

I was watching the later issue Detectives. Most went WAY beyond what I would pay but I did manage one copy. I am quite happy with it since it is a solid copy from a tough time period. I am shocked at the Detective 22. What a steal, I wished I had thrown a bid in now.

Sharon, congrats on the Sensation 1. That is a real sweet looking copy. Congrats to GE as well on the Larson AA #1 and Rick on his Captain America 46.

det232.jpg

Well I lost out on the Daring Mystery #6 that I really wanted. I was bidding on the phone for that one but couldn't go above the $1,500 (not counting BP) that it went for :( but it looks like I won Master Comics #7 while bidding on HA Live :)

That's a fantastic book ;)