• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the internet bidding ends for Heritage

221 posts in this topic

Well I got the 2 I really wanted. :banana:

High grade WW books from the 1950's never come up for sale. I picked the 2 I wanted the most and bid away. I know I paid 3x to 4x guide but my chances of seeing them again anytime soon is nill.

WW96.jpg

WonderWoman97.jpg

Those are really sharp books that were on my watch list. Almost bid on them but my main collecting focus has been on golden age. You scored a couple of beautiful books that never show up in that grade. The WW 96 is fantastic! Nice pick up.

Ken

...the guide is really becoming more and more outdated, and needs to have some "real world" prices updated in it...

Absolutely. Why do we speak in multiples of guide if guide pricing is supposedly accurate?

My point was I think 17K for this book, mid grade and restored, is a pretty healthy price and don't think it reflects an overly limited appeal. The page had 500 views as well. (Gawd, I love that new feature.)

OSPG should just copy the pricing from GPA on higher grades. By now most serious collectors use it as the "real" guide anyway.

Hopefully the multiples of guide for slabbed books will be maintained and we can all see our comic collection quadruple in value overnight! ;)

actually, I would say just the opposite...I don't think GPA reflects "true" GA pricing at all...it only captures some extremes from heritage and ebay...most GA sells privately or at cons, or via comic link, etc, and unlike SA and BA, etc, it sells raw...GPA is not even close on any book I ever have looked up in GPA (which is why I don't use it)...it might be great for frequently traded SA and BA slabs, but it presents, in my opinion, as bad of a GA picture as overstreet can be

I agree, although I'm not in complete agreement with you regarding SA.

Using GPA as the sole basis for valuation for most GA books and ultra-HG early SA makes no sense to me at all. Is it any wonder that so many people here report they bid "at GPA" for these types of books and never seem to win any auctions?

I thougt the bidding on the Action 7 was between Eric Roberts and Flava Flave.

Darn these Billionaires. Wats a POOR Millionaire to do ?

He collects comics?

flava_flav.jpg

and apparently gold teeth

Every time he wins a book, does he yell "Bo-o--o--oyy!!!"?

...the guide is really becoming more and more outdated, and needs to have some "real world" prices updated in it...

Absolutely. Why do we speak in multiples of guide if guide pricing is supposedly accurate?

My point was I think 17K for this book, mid grade and restored, is a pretty healthy price and don't think it reflects an overly limited appeal. The page had 500 views as well. (Gawd, I love that new feature.)

OSPG should just copy the pricing from GPA on higher grades. By now most serious collectors use it as the "real" guide anyway.

Hopefully the multiples of guide for slabbed books will be maintained and we can all see our comic collection quadruple in value overnight! ;)

actually, I would say just the opposite...I don't think GPA reflects "true" GA pricing at all...it only captures some extremes from heritage and ebay...most GA sells privately or at cons, or via comic link, etc, and unlike SA and BA, etc, it sells raw...GPA is not even close on any book I ever have looked up in GPA (which is why I don't use it)...it might be great for frequently traded SA and BA slabs, but it presents, in my opinion, as bad of a GA picture as overstreet can be

I agree, although I'm not in complete agreement with you regarding SA.

Using GPA as the sole basis for valuation for most GA books and ultra-HG early SA makes no sense to me at all. Is it any wonder that so many people here report they bid "at GPA" for these types of books and never seem to win any auctions?

ah, but we are in agreement, as the uber SA grades are not "frequently traded" books (they are just as, if not rarer than many GA)... so the same principle applies to the rarer HG silver as many GA books....GPA just doesn't have enough data or misses the data all together! :foryou:

I think I won this...and I don't care that it's restored, I no longer need a centerfold:) (now I'll have to start listing, or my daughter is not having a wedding;)sensation1.jpg

way to go Sharon. i know you love it.

cap 46 coming up... :wishluck:

:o No floor bids!

I figured it to be a 7k max book, but my proxy bid was much higher, just in case

that's just obscene

sometimes we do obscene things :)

I think I won this...and I don't care that it's restored, I no longer need a centerfold:) (now I'll have to start listing, or my daughter is not having a wedding;)sensation1.jpg

really, really pretty copy...

the live bid option allows you to put in a proxy bid after the regular "internet" auctions end - i put a proxy bid in last night and it was not revealed until the live floor auction where i wound up winning the spidey #1 i was after! From now on its the only way i will bid on signature auctions because it gives the competition roughly 30 seconds to make up their mind about outbidding you! I know i may be letting the cat out of the bag for some of you that didn't realize how the proxy bidding works but i am in a good mood and feeling generous after my win!

Did you win the 7.0 or the 5.5

I thought both were good prices while I was sitting there.

7.0 :banana:^^

Cool! I may or may not have padded the bid on that one! :whistle:

if your bidding was on the floor only you definitely didn't! I paid a new GPA record but i don't care -been looking for 5 years for this book and completes a run of AF15 through spidey 40

Nah, I didn't bid on this one. I was just :baiting: you.

I did consider bidding on the 5.5 though

You got this for what I thought was a great price. I was very surprised to see it not go for more! :applause:

(worship):applause: (thumbs u

nice book to have for that money. congratulation

You got this for what I thought was a great price. I was very surprised to see it not go for more! :applause:

Yup, thanks, guys:) I was pretty surprised I won...but my new focus (besides collecting ADD) is restored keys:) That's this month...;)

Yup, thanks, guys:) I was pretty surprised I won...but my new focus (besides collecting ADD) is restored keys:) That's this month...;)

Stick with it Sharon. It is a fun segment to collect, they are much more affordable, and easy to sell if you have to.