• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the internet bidding ends for Heritage

221 posts in this topic

So, in everyone's opinion, does this auction show that Heritage is still king?

Oh God yes! I kept having to add in what the buyers premium was on all these books and I was just floored!

I mean think about it... the ASM 129 sold for $12,000 plus BP which puts it at $14,430!!

The last sale of a 9.8 on GPA is $9000!

In my view yes... the action was remarkable. There were plenty of bargains to be had in the Clink auction last week; not so here today. It would be interesting to see how many record prices were set today. I still can't get over what those Toronto books went for.

cap 46 coming up... :wishluck:

:o No floor bids!

I figured it to be a 7k max book, but my proxy bid was much higher, just in case

that's just obscene

sometimes we do obscene things :)

who is "we"? (shrug)

Wimbledon Green and Rick

In my view yes... the action was remarkable. There were plenty of bargains to be had in the Clink auction last week; not so here today. It would be interesting to see how many record prices were set today. I still can't get over what those Toronto books went for.

I remember a month + ago, we were talking how "weak" the heritage auction was...they pulled it out by having

1)an action 7

2)the early Tecs that quite a few folks needed

3)toronto books

4)MH Adv

that said, there were still a ton of bargains to be had (many many prices went under guide, just as clink did, on the lower profile stuff)...

in the next auction, clink has

1)incredibly rare high grade New Adventures

2)action 10 (not quite in the same realm as the 7, but will be great)

3)they just had the Capt America 1 and AF 15's that set records, as well as quite a few early Tecs like heritage just had

so, I would disagree, I would say Clink still has the momentum, though this past herigate auction was stellar too thanks to some hard hitting books...hopefully this increased competition between the 2, will continue to drum up the incredible books...ultimately, we, the collector, will hopefully be the "winner"

I thought the Tec G/VG (slt A) didn't sell for as much as it could have. Didn't Metropolis buy that ultra low grade Tec 27 off of ebay for $60k or so? Granted it was an unrestored Fair to Good but still.

Ed

I have the high bid on one page of OA. Lets see if that bid holds for the floor bidding. My guess is no ...

I've got a high OA bid also. When do I find out if a floor bidder had deeper pockets?

I have the high bid on one page of OA. Lets see if that bid holds for the floor bidding. My guess is no ...

I've got a high OA bid also. When do I find out if a floor bidder had deeper pockets?

Just know that they do. Good luck :wishluck:

(BTW- the bidding starts at 1pm central)

I thought the Tec G/VG (slt A) didn't sell for as much as it could have. Didn't Metropolis buy that ultra low grade Tec 27 off of ebay for $60k or so? Granted it was an unrestored Fair to Good but still.

Ed

nope, they bought the fr copy for $30K last year...it has already been restored, I believe, and sold (shrug)

I'll be there for the art portion of the auction too... who can beat free drinks and food with some comic buying entertainment! :cloud9:

The other book that amazes me in the Heritage auction is the Detective 20. It is a real sweet looking 7.0 and the price seems like a bargin compared to other books in the auction.

link to Detective 20

:sorry:

That was the only book I bid on. I was leading before it went to the floor. I thought it was nicer appearing than the 8.0 from the Clink auction.

I'll be there for the art portion of the auction too... who can beat free drinks and food with some comic buying entertainment! :cloud9:

If anyone looks like they're going to bid on my item, distract them or steal their little fan with the number on it or whatever you need to do to make sure I actually win an auction. My losing streak is beginning to look like Hillary Clinton's.

If anyone looks like they're going to bid on my item, distract them or steal their little fan with the number on it or whatever you need to do to make sure I actually win an auction. My losing streak is beginning to look like Hillary Clinton's.

:roflmao:

My first ever post here is to brag about my Heritage win....

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=827&Lot_No=42405

Personally, I think these pulps are so undervalued, I couldn't be happier with what I payed. Considering the last copy of Weird Tales Feb. 1928 to sell on Heritage looked only slightly better and went for $2151, I consider it a steal.

Personally, I think these pulps are so undervalued, I couldn't be happier with what I payed. Considering the last copy of Weird Tales Feb. 1928 to sell on Heritage looked only slightly better and went for $2151, I consider it a steal.

congrats....welcome to the boards

Wow - great deal. Welcome - hope you post more :hi: