• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the internet bidding ends for Heritage

221 posts in this topic

I was watching the later issue Detectives. Most went WAY beyond what I would pay but I did manage one copy. I am quite happy with it since it is a solid copy from a tough time period. I am shocked at the Detective 22. What a steal, I wished I had thrown a bid in now.

Sharon, congrats on the Sensation 1. That is a real sweet looking copy. Congrats to GE as well on the Larson AA #1 and Rick on his Captain America 46.

det232.jpg

Thanks so much! and what a GREAT Detective, I know it's hard to find, because I don't even have a trashy copy;)

the live bid option allows you to put in a proxy bid after the regular "internet" auctions end - i put a proxy bid in last night and it was not revealed until the live floor auction where i wound up winning the spidey #1 i was after! From now on its the only way i will bid on signature auctions because it gives the competition roughly 30 seconds to make up their mind about outbidding you! I know i may be letting the cat out of the bag for some of you that didn't realize how the proxy bidding works but i am in a good mood and feeling generous after my win!

the live bid option allows you to put in a proxy bid after the regular "internet" auctions end - i put a proxy bid in last night and it was not revealed until the live floor auction where i wound up winning the spidey #1 i was after! From now on its the only way i will bid on signature auctions because it gives the competition roughly 30 seconds to make up their mind about outbidding you! I know i may be letting the cat out of the bag for some of you that didn't realize how the proxy bidding works but i am in a good mood and feeling generous after my win!

Did you win the 7.0 or the 5.5

I thought both were good prices while I was sitting there.

I was watching the later issue Detectives. Most went WAY beyond what I would pay but I did manage one copy. I am quite happy with it since it is a solid copy from a tough time period. I am shocked at the Detective 22. What a steal, I wished I had thrown a bid in now.

Sharon, congrats on the Sensation 1. That is a real sweet looking copy. Congrats to GE as well on the Larson AA #1 and Rick on his Captain America 46.

det232.jpg

that is a pretty book

Well I got the 2 I really wanted. :banana:

High grade WW books from the 1950's never come up for sale. I picked the 2 I wanted the most and bid away. I know I paid 3x to 4x guide but my chances of seeing them again anytime soon is nill.

WW96.jpg

WonderWoman97.jpg

High grade WW books from the 1950's never come up for sale. I picked the 2 I wanted the most and bid away. I know I paid 3x to 4x guide but my chances of seeing them again anytime soon is nill.

WW96.jpg

WonderWoman97.jpg

nice...silver age, but nice :baiting:

There were some very healthy prices on the DC superhero books from the Toronto collection.

7.0 :banana:^^

WW96.jpg

WonderWoman97.jpg

nice...silver age, but nice :baiting:

Never said they were golden :sumo: and my WW friends are in the Gold-Age section.

I was going to bid on the golden age issues but the covers and page quality on these 2 won out in the end.

Cool! I may or may not have padded the bid on that one! :whistle:

Very hard to find high grade DC superhero books from the fifties... I managed to get a couple of the Supermans but it took some fighting.

Based on the results I looked they must have drawn blood. Even the World's Finest were being fought over.

Cool! I may or may not have padded the bid on that one! :whistle:

if your bidding was on the floor only you definitely didn't! I paid a new GPA record but i don't care -been looking for 5 years for this book and completes a run of AF15 through spidey 40